The Tecno Spark 5 packs a few trending features in a low budget package. This comes as a purposeful act to make it a worthy successor to last year’s Tecno Spark 4. As a successor, the Tecno Spark 5 offers an improved design, improved display, bigger battery, and lots more.
Where to Buy Tecno Spark 5
Tecno Spark 5 Key Specs & Features
- 6.6-inch IPS LCD, 720 x 1600 pixels (266 PPI)
- Android 10; HIOS 6.1
- 2GB RAM
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio A22 (12 nm)
- 32GB Built-in Storage, With Memory Card Support
- 13MP + 2MP + 2MP + QVGA Quad Rear Camera
- 8MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear)
- 5000mAh Non-Removable Li-ion Battery
Design and Display
The Tecno spark 5 design reminisces on the Tecno Camon 15. You have got a very similar design and setup on the front and rear.
On the rear, we have set up that was also featured on the Infinix Hot 9. What we have here is a square camera module housing a quad-camera setup and a camera flash. There is also a capacitive fingerprint sensor and the Tecno branding, which indicates its a Tecno phone.
Upfront, we have yet another familiar setup. it’s a punch-hole camera on display setup. This display is a 6.6-inch in size. It is an IPS LCD display, with a screen resolution of 720 x 1600 and a screen density of 266 PPI.
The Cameras on the Tecno spark 5 are practically nothing to be super wowed about, especially if you are coming from its predecessor. The features are pretty much the same.
The cameras on the rear include a 13MP primary camera, a 2MP macro camera, a 2MP depth camera, and a QVGA camera. This setup is capable of shooting 720p and 1080p videos at 1080p. You also have HDR and Panorama mode for photos.
Selfies are manned by an 8MP front-facing camera, which is also capable of shooting 1080p video at 30fps and also HDR mode for photos.
Hardware and Software
Recent releases from the Tecno spark series have revolved around the low-end category. Improvements have been minute in my opinion.
The Tecno spark 5 spots the same as Mediatek Helio A22 processor we saw on its predecessor. However, Tecno upgraded this processor from quad-core to Octa-core.
Also powering this smartphone, is 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, a PowerVR GE8320 graphics processing unit, and a whopping 5000mAh battery.
On the software side, we have the HIOS 6.1 user-interface on top of the Android 10.0 operating system.
The Tecno Spark 5 features a 3.5mm jack and micro-USB 2.0 port. It also features Wifi and Bluetooth.
Internet connectivity on the Tecno Spark 5 is capped at 4G LTE, due to the absence of 5G support.
Tecno Spark 5 Price and Availability
Tecno Spark 5 Price in Nigeria starts around 52,990 Naira. Price in Kenya starts at around 13,399 KSh and in Ghana price starts at around 719 Ghana Cedi.
The Tecno Spark 5 was announced on May 4, 2020, and is expected to go on sale later in May 2020.
Tecno Spark 5 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Tecno Spark 5:
- Platform: Android 10, HIOS 6.1
- Processor: octa-core Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22 (12 nm)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Colours: Ice Jadeite, Spark Orange, Vacation Blue, Misty Grey
- Dimension: 164.7 x 76.3 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: Nano
- SIM Count: Dual
- Display: 6.6-inch IPS LCD, 20 x 1600 Pixels, 20:9 ratio (266 PPI )
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 2MP (Macro) + 2MP (Depth) + QVGA
- Rear Camera Features: [email protected], Panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Micro USB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: –
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes ( Rear-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes, Google Assistant
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: No
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable Li-Po 4000 mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: