The Infinx Hot 9 bears features that award it the tag of being a worthy upgrade of the Infinix Hot 8. It features an improved design, processor, cameras and lots more. In this article, we explore the Infinix Hot 9 specs and price, which will help you make your purchase decision.
Infinix Hot 9 Key Specs and Features
- 6.6-inch IPS Display, 720 x 1600 pixels (269 PPI)
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio A25 (12 nm)
- Android 10.0; XOS 6.0
- 3GB / 4GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage, with SD-Card Support
- 16MP + 2MP + 2MP + QVGA Quad Rear Cameras
- 8MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear)
- 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
The Design and Display
The Infinix Hot 9 features one of the most better-looking design upgrades we have seen in the Hot 9 series. Compare it with that of the Infinix Hot 8 and you immediately notice a very refined design, one that tries it best to fit into the latest trend.
The rear of the Infinix Hot 9 features curved edges and a glossy finish with a mild gradation in color. This rear panel is home to a capacitive fingerprint sensor, a quad-camera setup and the Infinix logo, which indicates its an Infinix phone.
Upfront, we have set up that resembles that of the Infinix S5. It’s a 6.6-inch IPS LCD display housing a single camera cut-out. This display has a screen resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels and a screen density of 269 PPI.
Infinix included a beefier camera system in the Hot series this year. They managed to squeeze in quad rear cameras in here, which allowed for more camera features.
The primary camera sensor varies according to the storage variants you purchase. variants below 64GB will have a 13MP primary camera, while variants with 64GB and above will have a 16MP primary camera.
Other cameras included in this quad-camera setup include a 2MP macro camera, a 2MP depth camera and a QVGA camera which helps in taking photos in low light conditions.
This camera setup is supported by a triple LED flash and is capable of shooting photos in HDR, Panorama, and videos maxed at 1080p @ 30fps.
for selfies, it makes use of an 8MP shooter, which is capable of shooting photos and also shoot videos maxed at 1080p 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The Infinix Hot 9 follows suit with its predecessor. It doesn’t deviate from the category other smartphones in Hot series featured. Performance-wise, you have got a smartphone that isn’t capable of tackling power-intensive tasks.
Inside this Android phone is an Octa-core Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 processor, 3GB / 4GB RAM, 32GB/ 64GB / 128GB storage options, a PowerVR GE8320 graphics processing unit and a non-removable 5000mAh battery.
On the software side, the Infinix Hot 9 runs the XOS 6.0 interface on top of the Android 10.0 operating system.
The Infinix Hot 9 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a version 2.0 Micro-USB port, dual-band wifi, Bluetooth 5.0.
Internet connectivity on the Infinix Hot 9 is capped at 4G LTE. which means downloads and streaming will be capped at 4G speeds.
Infinix Hot 9 Price and Availability
The official price for the Infinix Hot 9 wasn’t known as at the time this article was written, however, the price will be updated once it’s known.
The Infinix Hot 9 was announced on March 23 and is expected to go on sale in April 2020.
Infinix Hot 9 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Infinix Hot 9:
- Platform: Android 10.0; XOS 6.0
- Processor: 1.3GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio A25 (4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.5 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 3GB /4GB RAM
- Colours: Midnight Black, Quetzal Cyan, Violet, Ocean Wave
- Dimension: 165.4 x 76.8 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 185 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.6 inch IPS Display, 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio (266 PPI density)
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 16MP (wide) + 2MP (Macro) + 2MP (Depth) + QVGA (low light) Quad Cameras
- Rear Camera Features: Triple-LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera, Beauty Mode, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 32GB / 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-Band, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, Micro-USB (USB 2.0)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –