The Infinix Smart 5 is a mid-range smartphone that was announced in Nigeria and India market. The android phone comes with a tall aspect ratio, a large-sized battery, a triple rear camera, and a large 5000 mAh battery.
Where to Buy Infinix Smart 5
The handset is the successor of the Smart 4 bringing in some added features on the hood.
Infinix Smart 5 Key Specs and Features
- 6.6 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~266 ppi)
- Android 10 (Go edition)
- Octa-core 1.8 GHz
- 2GB, 3GB RAM
- 32GB, 64GB Built-in Storage up to 128GB Memory Card
- 13 MP + VGA + VGA Triple Rear Cameras
- 8 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear)
- 4G LTE Network
- Charging 10W
- 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Infinix Smart 5 has a stylish gem-cut-design that creates subtle patterns and color variation in every angle. The panel is similar to the one on Infinix Hot 9 series and Tecno Spark 5 housing the cameras and fingerprint reader.
It also has a fingerprint scanner and it measures 165.4 x 73.4 x 8.75mm in dimensions. The waterdrop notch on the front houses a 6.6-inch LCD display that offers 720 x 1600 pixels resolution and 20:9 aspect ratio.
The screen has an 86.6% screen-to-body ratio offering a broader view experience.
There is an 8 MP snapper on the waterdrop notch that features automatic retouching to deliver perfect photos. It also has a dual flash for nice shots in dim light.
You will get a new intelligent algorithm to customize your own beauty style such as 3D face improvement and identifies different skin tones to make selfie photos more natural and unique.
The Smart 5 is further equipped with triple rear cameras on the back. It includes an enhanced AI-powered 13MP triple camera that captures clearer, brighter, and more beautiful photos effortlessly at all times.
Hardware and Software
On hardware, the maker equipped the Smart 5 with a midrange Mediatek processor that has an octa-core clocking at a speed of 1.8 GHz. It runs on Go Edition based on the Android 10 operating system out of the box.
The internal storage includes an average of 32GB and 2GB RAM. There is also a model that has 64GB and 3GB RAM. You can further expand the phone using a micro SDcard up to 128GB.
You may also be interested in Infinix Phones and Prices in Nigeria.
Battery and Network
The Infinix Smart 5 packs a 5000 mAh battery that Infinix claims will last up to 4 days. It has a standard version of 10W charging through micro USB cable.
The smartphone has 4G LTE network and other connectivity options such as dual SIM support, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth, GPS, micro USB, and 3.5mm audio jack. It has face recognition as an added security and it also supports DTA audio processing.
Infinix Smart 5 Price and Availability
Infinix Smart 5 price starts at around 58,000 Naira in Nigeria, which is around $100. The Smart 5 smartphone costs around 644 GHS in Ghana, 1,999 EGP in Egypt, and 10,950 Ksh in Kanya. It ships in black, blue, and green colors.
Infinix Smart 5 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Infinix Smart 5:
- Platform: Android 10 (Go edition)
- Processor: Octa-core 1.8 GHz
- GPU: –
- Memory: 2GB, 3GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Blue, Green
- Dimension: 165.4 x 73.4 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.6 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~266 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13 MP + VGA + VGA, [email protected]
- Rear Camera Features: Triple-LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera, Dual-LED flash
- Built-in Storage: 32GB, 64GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: No
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 5000 mAh, Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Charging 10W