Infinix Smart 6 Plus is very similar to the Smart 6. In fact the only notable difference is that the Unisoc SC9863A octa-core processor provided in the Smart 6 and also Smart 5 Pro has been swapped out with a Mediatek MT6761 Helio A20 quad-core processor. It also seems to have a downgraded front camera at least on paper. Infinix Smart 6 Plus offers a more efficient processor which promises improvement in battery life.
Where to Buy Infinix Smart 6 Plus
Infinix Smart 6 Plus Key Specs and Features
- 6.6 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels (~266 ppi density), 20:9 Aspect Rato
- Android 11 (Go Edition)
- 2GB RAM
- Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22 Quad-core (2.0GHz Cortex-A53)
- 8 MP + QVGA AI lens Dual rear AI camera
- 5 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear mounted)
- 4G LTE
- 5000 mAh non-removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Infinix Smart 6 Plus offer the same colour options as the standard edition. You get the plastic build phone in Purple, Ocean Blue, Light Sea Green, and Polar Black.
This infinix phone offers two cameras and a fingerprint sensor on the back with a notch in front for the front facing camera.
Infinix Smart 6 sports a 6.6-inch IPS display. This is the same size as the screen available in the standard edition as well as Tecno’s competing Spark series models like the Spark 8 and Spark 8C. The display offers a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels resolution.
In the front, the Infinix Smart 6 Plus has a 5 megapixels snapper mounted on the waterdrop notch in the top centre for taking selfies. Note that the standard edition boasts of 8MP. The front camera also has a LED flash.
Infinix Smart 6 Plus has a dual-camera setup on the back. The 8 megapixels sensor is paired with a QVGA AI sensor to deliver decent photos and videos. The camera offers dual-LED flash and also supports features like bokeh effects.
Hardware and Software
Like we pointed out in the introduction, the Infinix Smart 6 Plus swaps out the Unisoc SC9863A (28 nm) octa-core processor provided in the standard edition for the Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22 (12 nm) quad-core processor.
This looks more or less like a downgrade if you compare the overall performance of both chipsets. However, the Helio A22 is a more efficient processor and outperforms the SC9863A in battery performance.
So, with 5000 mAh battery, you should expect better battery stamina from the Plus edition model.
The android phone offers 2GB RAM and 32GB built-in storage just like the standard edition. You also get a dedicated microSD slot that supports up to 128GB memory card.
This Infinix phone runs on Android 11 (Go Edition) with XOS 7.6 UI out of the box. It features a Kids Mode for protecting your kids from harmful content and predators online. It also offers a cool voice changer (Xvocal) that enables you distort your voice to hide your identity or simply to play pranks on your friends.
The smartphone sports dual-SIM with 4G LTE support. You also get microUSB (USB 2.0) with USB on the Go, Bluetooth 5.0 and Wi-Fi.
Infinix Smart 6 Plus Price and Availability
Infinix Smart 6 Plus price starts at around 61,000 Naira in Nigeria, which is around $110. The Smart 6 Plus costs around 12,500 KES in Kenya and 840 GHC in Ghana.
The affordable android phones was announced and was available for purchase in March 2022.
Infinix Smart 6 Plus Specs
Here are a few specs of the Infinix Smart 6 Plus:
- Platform: Android 11 (Go Edition)
- Processor: Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22 Quad-core (2.0GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Colours: Purple, Ocean Blue, Light Sea Green, Polar Blac
- Dimension: –
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.6 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels (~266 ppi density), 20:9 Aspect Ratio, ~85.1% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes (Glass)
- Foldable Display: –
- Rear Camera: 8 MP + QVGA AI Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus / Continuous shooting / Digital zoom, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 5 MP Camera, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 128GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 and SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: –
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, Micro USB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes, 3.5mm audio jack
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: No
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (rear mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5000 mAh non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 10W Charger