The Tecno Spark 8C seems like the entry level member of the Spark 8 series. It sits below the likes of the Tecno Spark 8, the Spark 8 Pro, the Spark 8P, and Spark 8T. The Tecno Spark 8C features a good display and solid battery life and comes with a Memory Fusion feature that enables you expand the RAM capacity of the device.
Where to Buy Tecno Spark 8C
Tecno Spark 8C Key Specs and Features
- 6.6 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1612 pixels (~267 ppi), 90 Hz Refresh Rate
- Android 11 (Go Edition), HIOS 7.6
- Octa-core Unisoc Tiger T606 Processor
- 2GB, 3GB, 4GB RAM (Increase Capacity with Memory Fusion)
- 64GB Built-in Storage, up to 128GB Memory Card
- 13 MP + QVGA Dual AI Rear Cameras
- 8 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear)
- 4G LTE Network
- 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
You get a nice looking phone in a plastic body. The back and sides are covered in plastic while the front is covered in glass.
On the back, you have stylish bump on the top left that houses the dual camera, LED flash, and fingerprint sensor with wavy lines that runs down the right. The smartphone is quite slim at 9mm thickness.
Tecno Spark 8C features a 6.6-inch IPS LCD Display. This is the same size as all the other 2022 members of the Spark series except for the 8 and 8 Pro. The display offers HD+ resolution of 720 x 1612 pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio, and 90Hz refresh rate.
However, the entry-level model with 2GB RAM does not support 90 Hz refresh rate.
Tecno Spark 8C offers two cameras on the back. You get a 13 megapixels camera and a QVGA camera. The camera is AI powered to delivers decent photography and videos.
The camera supports features like Bokeh effect for blurring out the background as well as Panoramic shooting and HDR.
In the front, you have an 8 megapixels camera for selfies. The camera is customised to taking great portraits.
Hardware and Software
Tecno Spark 8C is powered by the Unisoc Tiger T606. The octa-core processor offers two clusters consisting of a dual-core Cortex-A75 clocked at 1.6GHz and a hexa-core Cortex-A55 clocked at 1.4GHz.
The affordable android phone comes with 2GB, 3GB, or 4GB RAM built-in. However, with the Memory Fusion feature you can expand memory capacity by up to 100%. Note the physical RAM remain the same but Memory Fusion doubles your virtual RAM to create a more smooth experience.
However, to enable Memory Fusion on the Spark 8C, there are two OTA (Over the Air) update versions – v.032 and v.034, that you would need to download and install. Once you download and install these two updates, Memory Fusion will be available on your smartphone.
Also bear in mind that the entry level model with 2GB RAM comes with some limitation. It does not support the AI stickers feature of the camera as well as the 90 Hz refresh rate for the display. The 2GB RAM model also lacks the document correction feature. So, if you want the best experience, the model with 3GB RAM will be a good place to start.
The android phone features 64GB built-in storage with support for memory cards. You also get 5000 mAh battery, which offers a solid battery life. You can be sure of a full day use without needing to charge.
Tecno Spark 8C runs on Android 11. It comes loaded with HiOS 7.6 interface with a clean design and smart switch to Dark mode. It also features a Kids mode to help you with tracking your kid’s online activities.
The smartphone packs dual-SIM with 4G LTE support. You also get microUSB (USB 2.0) with Bluetooth 5.0 and NFC (may not be supported in some countries). Wi-Fi is also supported.
Tecno Spark 8C Price and Availability
Tecno Spark 8C price in Nigeria starts at around 62,100 Naira. The Tecno Spark 8C costs around 920 GHC in Ghana, and 14,500 KES in Kenya.
Tecno Spark 8C Specs
Here are a few specs of the Tecno Spark 8C:
- Platform: Android 11 (Go Edition), HIOS 7.6
- Processor: Unisoc Tiger T606 Octa-core Processor (1.6 GHz dual-core Cortex-A75 + 1.4 GHz hexa-core Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57
- Memory: 2GB, 3GB, 4GB RAM
- Colours: Turquoise, Magnet Black, Iris Purple, Diamond Gray
- Dimension: 164.6 x 76 x 8.95 mm
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.6 inch IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1612 pixels (~267 ppi), 20:9 aspect ratio, 90 Hz Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: Yes (Glass)
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13 MP (wide) f/1.8, AF + QVGA Dual Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Quad-LED Flash, HDR, AI Enhanced
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera, LED Flash
- Built-in Storage: 64GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, 21.1 Mbps (download), 5.76 Mbps (upload)
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0
- NFC: Yes (May not be supported in some countries)
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes, DTS Stereo Sound Effect
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (rear)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 5000 mAh non-removable Battery Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –