The release of the Infinix Note 10 confirms the year 2021 is certainly not the year we cease to get smartphones in Infinix’s Note series. Onboard this new note smartphone, is a package that succeeds the Infinix Note 8 and Note 8i. However, this upgrade doesn’t really go all around. More on that later in the article.
Where to Buy Infinix Note 10
Infinix Note 10 Key Specs & Features
- 6.95-inch IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2460 Pixels, ~387 PPI density
- Android 11, XOS 7.6
- Mediatek Helio G85 Processor
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 48MP + 2MP + 2MP + Triple Rear Camera
- 16MP Front Camera
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage, with SD-Card support for UP to 256GB
- DTS Audio (Dual Speakers)
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- Face Unlock
- 18W Fast Charging Capacity (X-Charge)
- 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Infinix Note 10 design, sort of builds on the Infinix Note 8, offering enthusiasts what can be described as a tweaked design that may appeal to enthusiasts.
Having a rear view of the Note 10 reveals a dual-tone colour system, similar to what we had on the Samsung Galaxy Quantum. Speaking of colours, the options available on this device includes Gray, Blue, Green.
The placements on this rear panel include a camera module whose highlights include triple cameras and an LED flash. Lastly, we have the OEM branding, which indicates it’s an Infinix smartphone.
Flipping to get a front view we find a 6.95 inch IPS LCD display with a dot notch in the top center position. The highlights of this display include a resolution of 1080 x 2460 Pixels, a density of 387 PPI, and a 180Hz refresh rate.
Glancing through the on-paper specs of the Infinix Note 10 reveals they aren’t an upgrade over the ones on the Infinix Note 8, it even loses some pixels in the primary camera on the rear.
On the rear, we have a 48MP primary camera, as opposed to the 64MP camera on its predecessor. We also have a 2MP macro camera and a 2MP depth camera. This sums up the number of rear cameras to three as opposed to being four on its predecessor.
Moving upfront we have technically got the same single 16MP camera according to the specs on paper.
Hardware and Software
The Infinix Note 10 take performance up a notch by featuring a MediaTek Helio G85 processor, as opposed to the Helio G80 processor on the Infinix Note 8.
Also on the performance train is the Mali G52 MC2 GPU. We also have more RAM and storage configurations that include 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM.
Lastly, we have a non-removable 5000mAh Li-Po paired with an 18W fast charge mechanism. This data shows this battery is 200mAh less than the 5200mAh on the Note 8.
On the software side, we have the XOS 7.6 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Infinix Note 10 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port with OTG support, low energy Bluetooth 5.0, and Wifi.
Internet connectivity is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t be getting 5G connectivity.
Infinx Note 10 Price and Availability
Infinix Note 10 Price in Nigeria starts at around 88,000. The Infinix Note 10 costs around 17,999 KES in Kenya, 3225 EGP in Egypt and 999 GHC in Ghana.
The smartphone was announced on May 12 2021 and is became available for purchase in July 2021.
Infinix Note 10 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Infinix Note 10:
- Platform: Android 11, XOS 7.6
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek Helio G85 (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali G52 MC2
- Memory: 4GB / 6GB
- Colours: Black, Purple, Emerald Green
- Dimension: 173.2 mm x 78.7 mm x 8.8 mm
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.95 inches IPS LCD, 1080 x 2460, 387 PPI, 91% screen-to-body ratio, 180Hz Touch Sampling
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4 + 2MP (Monochrome) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: Quad-LED flash, HDR, panorama, PDAF,
- Front Camera: 16MP Camera, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB /128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (up to 256GB)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: B2/B3/B5/B8/
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/8
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/20/28A/28B
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Low-energy Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes (Google Assistant)
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5000mAh Battery
- Talktime: 38 Hours
- Standby Time: 53 Days
- Fast Charging: 18W Fast Charging Capacity (X-Charge)