Infinix Note 12 G96 is just a variant of the Note12 that swaps out the Mediatek Helio G88 in the earlier model for a Helio G96. Aside offering a much capable chipset the this Infinix phone is essentially the same as the Note 12 G88 model. Infinix Note 12 G96 also comes with Android 12 and XOS 10.6 out of the box.
Where to Buy Infinix Note 12 G96
The Note 12 G96 shares the same processor with the most premium member of the 2022 Infinix Note series, the Infinix Note 12 VIP as well as the most premium of the 2021 series, the Infinix Note 11 Pro.
Infinix Note 12 G96 Key Specs and Features
- 6.7 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~393 ppi density), ~85.7% screen-to-body ratio
- Android 12, XOS 10.6
- Mediatek MT6781 Helio G96 (12 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 8GB RAM
- 50 MP + 2 MP + QVGA Triple Rear Camera
- 16 MP Front Camera
- 128GB or 256GB Built-in Storage
- Fingerprint Sensor (side mounted)
- 4G LTE
- 33W Fast Charging Capacity
- 5000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
The Design and Display
Infinix Note 12 G96 is built on a plastic back and plastic frames. The front is covered in glass. It is about the same size as the G88 model but available in different color options: Force Black, Snowfall, Sapphire Blue.
The rear camera placement is a bit different while the G88 model has a kind of triangular placement, this Infinix Note phone has its rear cameras lined up vertically.
Infinix Note 12 G96 features a brilliant 6.7-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. The AMOLED display offers a good viewing experience with sharp and crisp pictures with deep blacks. With 100% DCP-P3 colour gamut, 100000:1 contrast, and up to 1000 nits brightness the display is sure going to satisfy you.
Infinix Note 12 G96 features a triple camera setup on the back. This is similar to the camera on the standard edition as well as the Infinix Note 12i. On the rear, you get a 50 megapixels wide angle main camera with a large 1/2.8 image sensor, f/1.6 aperture, and phase detection autofocus. This is paired with a 2 megapixels depth camera, and a QVGA AI camera.
The rear camera should deliver professional looking photos for its price. It also supports 1440p Video recording and has a quad-LED flash.
A 16 megapixels camera is provided in the front for taking selfies. The selfie camera can record full HD videos.
Hardware and Software
The major edge of the Infinix Note 12 G96 is that it powered by a MediaTek Helio G96 chipset. This is a much better processor. The chip offers performance-wise compared to the G88 available in the earlier model. The chip offers a dual-cluster architecture with a dual-core Cortex-A76 clocked at 2.05GHz and a hexa-core Cortex-A55 also clocked at 2.0GHz.
This Infinix phone also offers a better memory and storage capacity. Here you get 8GB RAM with an option of 128GB or 256GB built-in storage. This options to the fact the the G96 model should offer superior performance.
One edge that the Infinix Note 12 G96 have over the standard Note 12 is that it offers Android 12 with XOS 10.6 out of the box.
A 5000 mAh Li-Po battery is provided for juice. This should provide a decent battery life. Charging should also be fast thanks to the built-in 33W fast charging capacity.
This smartphone features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port with OTG support, low energy Bluetooth 5.0, and dual-band WiFi. Internet connectivity is capped at 4G LTE.
Infinx Note 12 G96 Price and Availability
Infinix Note 12 G96 price in Nigeria starts at around 132,100 Naira. The Note 12 G96 is expected to cost around 1521 GHC in Ghana, 3,950 EGP in Egypt, 20,500 KES in Kenya, and 12,120 INR in India.
This affordable android phone in the Infinix Note series was announced in May, 2022 and became available for purchase starting May, 2022.
Infinix Note 12 G96 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Infinix Note 12 G96:
- Platform: Android 12, XOS 10.6
- Processor: Mediatek MT6781 Helio G96 (12 nm) Octa Core Processor (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Force Black, Snowfall, Sapphire Blue
- Dimension: 164.6 x 76.8 x 8 mm
- Weight: 185 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.7 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~393 ppi density), ~85.7% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: –
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide) + 2 MP (depth) + QVGA
- Rear Camera Features: Quad-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 16 MP
- Built-in Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 41, 40
- 5G: –
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: –
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with dual speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (sede mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5000 MAh Non removeable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 33W Fast Charging