The Xiaomi Poco M3 sums up Xiaomi’s effort towards making a better smartphone from its Poco M series. The Poco M3 succeeds the Xiaomi Poco M2, with improved hardware and aesthetics. The highlights of the upgrades include improved cameras, a bigger battery, and improved chassis design, and lots more.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Poco M3
Xiaomi Poco M3 Key Specs & Features
- 6.53-inch, IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 Pixels, 395 PPI
- Android 10; MIUI 12
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 662
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in storage, With MicroSD Support
- 48MP + 2MP + 2MP Triple Rear Camera
- 8MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- 18W Fast Charging
- 6000mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Dichotomy the exists between the design of the Xiaomi Poco M3 and its predecessor the Poco M2 is expressed in their rear panels.
Xiaomi moved the centered camera module to the left side and engulfed it in a glossy surrounding, which also bears the Poco branding, which happens to be a very appealing design in my opinion.
The major aesthetics change basically ends on the rear, as the front panel bears a setup similar to that of the Poco M2. It basically a display with a drop notch and a sort of conspicuous chin on the bottom.
This display is 6.53 inches in size, which is slightly smaller than the 6.67-inch display on the predecessing Poco M2. This display has is based on an IPS LCD panel, has a resolution of 1080 x 2340, and a screen density of 395 PPI.
Enthusiats who decide to purchase the Poco M3 will have the option of choosing from three colors that include Cool Blue, Poco Yellow, and Power Black.
The cameras on the Xiaomi Poco M3 got some upgrades over its predecessor. These upgrades are mostly evident in the rear camera setup.
On the rear, we have got 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.79 as opposed to the 13MP primary camera on the Poco M2. The other cameras on the rear include a 2MP macro with an aperture of f/2.4 and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4.
Upfront we have pretty much got the same 8MP camera from the Poco M2. This camera has an aperture of f/2.05.
Hardware and Software
One of the most glaring changes Xioami made as regards performance when shifting form the Poco M2 to the Poco M3, is their adoption of the Snapdragon 662 processor, as opposed to the MediaTek G80 processor we saw on the former.
The other performance facilitators include 4GB of RAM, options for either 64GB or 128GB of internal storage and massive 6000mAh battery. Enthusisats will also have 18W fast charging.
On the software side, the Xiaomi Poco M3 runs the MIUI 12 user interface ontop of the Android 10 operating system.
The Xiaomi Poco M3 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C port, dual-band Wifi Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity.
Internet connectivity on the Xiaomi Poco M3 is capped at 4G LTE, this means you won’t have the luxury of 5G internet speed. Download and uploads are limited to 4G speed.
Xiaomi Poco M3 Price and Availability
Xiaomi Poco M3 price starts at around $129 at leading global online stores. The Smartphone costs around 62,000 Naira in Nigeria and 2,700 EGP in Egypt.
The Poco M3 was announced on November 24th 2020 and became available on purchase as form the 27th of November 2020.
Xiaomi Poco M3 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Poco M3:
- Platform: Android 10; MIUI 12
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 (12nm) Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Cool Blue, Poco Yellow, Power Black
- Dimension: 162.3 x 77.3 x 9.6 mm
- Weight: 198g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.53-inch IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2340, 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio, 395 PPI
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) F/1.79 + 2MP (Macro) F/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) F/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: 1080p @ 30fps, 720p @ 1280 x 720
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera, F/2.05
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: –
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: B2/3/5/8
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/8
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/20/28/38/40/41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: 2.4GHz Wi-Fi/5GHz Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: MP3, FLAC, APE, DSF, M4A, AAC, OGG, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB
- Video Player: MP4丨M4V丨MKV丨AVI丨WMV丨WEBM丨3GP丨3G2丨ASF
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: GPS/ A-GPS / GLONASS / Beidou / Galileo
- Maps: Yes (Google Maps)
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes (Google Assistant)
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 6000mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Fast Charging Capacity