The race to offering the best value under a certain budget has to be one of the most healthy competitions in the smartphone world. The Motorola Moto G30 features in the race, with offerings that appear to be one of the best under $200. The highlights of the Moto G30 include a 90Hz display, a 5000mAh battery, and an IP52 water repellent design.
Where to Buy Motorola Moto G30
Motorola Moto G30 Key Specs & Features
- 6.5 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 Pixels (269 PPI), 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Android 11
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 (11 nm)
- 64MP + 8MP +2MP +2MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 13MP Front Camera
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage, Expandable via SDcard
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear-Mounted)
- IP52, Water Repellent Design
- 4G LTE
- 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Motorola Moto G30’s design may not be an exact replica of a pre-existing smartphone, but there is no denying the fact that it has design cues that makes it look sort of like a familiar Motorola design. The Glossy rear covering with round corners is one of the facilitators of this fact.
The Glossy rear panel on the rears bears a square camera module with four cameras and an LED flash. Also on the rear is the Motorola mascot embedded in a capacitive fingerprint reader. The setup is pretty much basic.
Ethusiats who decide to purchase this Android phone will have dual colour options and they include Dark Pearl and Pastel sky.
The Motorola build comprises of plastic on the rear, frame and glass upfront. Motorola also made efforts towards water resistance and such used a water repellant design, which facilitates an IP52 rating.
Moving upfront we are greeted with a 6.5-inch IPS TFT LCD display with a drop notch. This display has a resolution of 720 x 1600, a density of 269 PPI and a 90Hz refresh rate.
A 90Hz refresh rate may not be flagship feature, considering the fact that the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S21 shelf 120Hz refresh rate, however, putting price tag into consideration makes the feature seller, as most smartphones in this price range usually feature 60Hz refresh rate.
The cameras on the Motorola aren’t really far-fetched from what you should be expecting from a mid-range category. However, they are capable of some of the new-gen stuff, memorable moments can be captured aptly.
On the rear, we have a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.7, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2, and a 118˚ field of view.
We also have a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4. The rear camera setup can record up to 1080p video @ 60fps. Please consult the specs sheet for the other recording modes.
Moving up front, we have a single 13MP camera with an aperture of f/2.2. This camera can record videos up to 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The performance train is headed by an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 662, which puts the Motorola Moto G30 in the mid-range category.
The other performance facilitators, includes an Adreno 610 GPU, 6GB RAM, 128GB of internal storage, with an option for storage expansion via Micro-SD.
On the software side, the Moto G30 runs its interface on top of the Android 11 operating system.
The Motorola Moto G30 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port, low-energy Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi, and NFC.
Internet connectivity here is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t be able to utilize 5G connectivity for downloads, uploads, and streaming.
Motorola Moto G30 Price and Availability
The price of the Motorola Moto G30 is around $250, which translates to about 95,250 Naira in Nigeria, 27,388 KSH in Kenya, and 1,447 GHC in Ghana.
The Motorola Moto G30 was announced on February 16th, 2021 and is expected to be available for purchase as from March 2021.
Motorola Moto G30 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Motorola Moto G30:
- Platform: Android 11
- Processor: Qualcomm SM6115 Snapdragon 662 (11nm) (Octa-core 4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Phantom Black, Pastel Sky
- Dimension: 165.2 x 75.7 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 200 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.5 inches IPS TFT LCD, 720 x 1600 Pixels (~269 PPI Density),
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.7 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2, 118˚ FOV + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, PDAF, [email protected]/60fps
- Front Camera: 13 MP Camera, f/2.2, HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (uses share SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, LTEPP, SUPL
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: Over 48 Hours
- Fast Charging: 20W Capacity