The Motorola Moto G100 is a nice smartphone from the Moto G series that fall under the upper midrange category. The handset parades a Snapdragon 870 chipset, quad rear cameras, and a combo front camera.
Motorola Moto G100 Key Specs & Features
- 6.7 inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2520 pixels, 21:9 ratio (~409 ppi)
- Android 11
- Octa-core Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm)
- 8GB RAM, 12GB RAM
- 128GB, 256GB Built-in Storage up to 256GB Memory Card
- 64 MP + 16 MP + 2 MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 16 MP + 8 MP Dual Front Camera
- Fingerprint (Side)
- 5G Network
- 4G LTE Network
- IP52 Water-Resistant
- Fast Charging 20W
- Non-Removable Li-Po 5000 mAh Battery
Design and Display
The Motorola Moto G100 is blessed with a nice body that is built with premium plastic and has an IP52 water-resistant rating. It measures 168.4 x 74 x 9.7 mm in dimension and weighs 207 grams.
On the front, it packs a 6.7-inch LCD screen with a 90Hz refresh rate and HDR10. The screen produces a resolution of 1080 x 2520 pixels, a 21:9 ratio, and 409 PPI density.
As for the camera setup, there is a 64MP main camera on the back, another 16MP ultrawide angle camera that also pulls the duty of a macro camera. The ultrawide angle camera has something like a ring flash so that your macro subjects are illuminated.
Additional is a 2MP depth sensor that works with the main camera for portrait images and lastly is the TOF camera for laser autofocus. The camera also makes use of audio zoom, Dual-LED flash and can record [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120fps videos respectively. On the front, we have a 16 MP and an 8MP ultrawide angle camera.
Hardware and Software
The Motorola Moto G100 is powered by Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G chipset based on 7nm process technology and an octa-core processor clocking at a speed of 1×3.2 GHz. It has Adreno 650 graphics and runs on Android 11 OS.
The inbuilt storage is 128GB or 256GB and 8GB or 12GB of RAM. You can still expand the memory using SDcard.
Battery and Network
Fueling the Motorola Moto G100 is a 5000 mAh battery that can last more than 40 hours of use. It has a 20W TurboPower fast charging technology. The smartphone comes with dual SIMs and a 5G network with other regulars like a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, NFC, Wi-Fi 6, an audio jack, and USB Type-C 3.1.
Other Amazing Features
The Motorola Moto G100 comes with a handful of software features branded under “Ready For”. The smartphone allows you to connect the phone to an external monitor and pair a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, so you can use it as a desktop.
This feature is mostly available on Samsung Galaxy S and Note series. This way you will have a large screen to complete your tasks. You can also connect an external TV or screen to enjoy movies on a larger display.
This feature is designed for gaming as well. The company says that it provides a console experience for the user. You can pair it with a Bluetooth controller when in this mode.
Another exciting feature on the phone is that you can use the main camera for video calls when connected to an external display or TV. The camera has built-in intelligent software that tracks movements.
You will also get a dock with a built-in cooling fan that enables you to charge your phone even when it’s connected to an external display.
Motorola Moto G100 Price and Availability
The Motorola Moto G100 will sell for $623 for the 8GB RAM + 128GB storage while the 12GB RAM and 256GB storage goes for $709.
In Nigeria, the Motorola Moto G100 price is around 240,000 Naira, about 3,650 Ghs in Ghana, and 67,000 Ksh in Kenya. It will ships in three colors – Iridescent Sky, Iridescent Ocean, and Slate Grey.
Motorola Moto G100 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Motorola Moto G100:
- Platform: Android 11
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm), Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory: 8GB, 12GB, RAM
- Colours: Iridescent Sky, Iridescent Ocean, Slate Grey
- Dimension: 168.4 x 74 x 9.7 mm
- Weight: 207 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.7 inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2520 pixels, 21:9 ratio (~409 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64 MP, f/1.7, (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.7µm, PDAF, Laser AF + 16 MP, f/2.2, 117˚ (ultrawide), 1.0µm, PDAF + 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth) + TOF 3D Triple Cameras, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED flash, ring flash (macro mode), panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 16 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1.0µm + 8 MP, f/2.4, 118˚ (ultrawide), 1.12µm Dual Cameras, HDR
- Built-in Storage: 128B, 256GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 20, 26, 28, 32, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 66
- 5G: Yes, 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 28, 38, 66, 77 SA/NSA/Sub6
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Charging 20W