The Nokia G300 is yet another addition to Nokia’s G series. Although it has a different moniker, it isn’t an entirely different smartphone. A close comparison with the Nokia G50 and Nokia G20 solidifies this fact. However, we offered a solid mid-range package. Do well to follow through with the article to ascertain if it suits your needs.
Where to Buy Nokia G300
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers | Amazon US – See Offers
Nokia G300 Key Specs & Features
- 6.52 inches LCD Display, 720 x 1600 Pixels, 20:9 Ratio (~269 PPI)
- Android 11
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 5G (8 nm) Processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB Built-in Storage, with SD-Card Support Up to 1TB
- 16MP + 5MP + 2MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 8MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (side-mounted)
- 5G Network
- 18W Fast Charging
- Non-Removable 4470 mAh Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
As far as design goes, the Nokia G300 doesn’t stray far from the Nokia G20 and G50. It’s more of a replica situation.
On the rear, we have the same circular camera bump with three cameras and an LED flash and beneath it, you will find the Nokia branding, which indicates its Nokia smartphone. Looking away from the similar placements, Nokia did drift away from the gradient design and went with a line pattern system.
Moving up front, reveals the most familiar part of the design. Here you will find a the display and the drop notch.
Despite being smaller than the G50, the display on the Nokia G300 is the same 6.52 inches as the G20 and has a resolution of 720 x 1600 and a density approximately 269 PPI.
For colour options, this Android phone comes in just one colour and its Meteor Grey.
The Nokia G300 cameras may be a capable set, however, they aren’t as powerful as the once on the G50 and G20.
On the rear, we have 16MP primary camera as opposed to the 48MP primary camera on its predecessors. The other rear cameras include a and 8MP ultrawide camera with a 115˚ field of view and a 2MP depth camera.
Moving upfront we have the same 8MP selfie camera seen on the G20 and G50.
Hardware and Software
The Nokia G300 features the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 5G processor as seen on the Nokia G50.
However it falls short, by offering just a 4GB RAM / 64GB storage option as opposed to the extra 6GB / 128GB option on the G50.
Moving forward, we have 4470mAh Li-Po battery here as opposed to the 5000mAh battery we have on the G50.
On the software side, we stock Android user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Nokia G300 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-c port, Bluetooth 5.0 and NFC.
Internet connectivity is capped at 5G, which means enthusiasts would be able to utilize 5G connectivity.
Nokia G300 Price and Availability
Nokia G300 price starts at around $192 which translates to about 79,305 Naira in Nigeria, 21,443 KSH in Kenya and 1,176 GHC in Ghana.
The Nokia G300 was announced on the 12 of October 2021 and released for purchase on October 19 2021.
Nokia G300 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Nokia G300:
- Platform: Android 11
- Processor: Qualcomm SM4350 Snapdragon 480 5G (8 nm) (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 460)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Memory: 4GB
- Colours: Meteor Grey
- Dimension: 169.4 x 78.4 x 9.3 mm
- Weight: 210.1 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.52 inches IPS LCD, 720 x 1600 Pixels, ~77.3% screen-to-body ratio, 20:9 Ratio, ~269 PPI
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 16MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 5MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2, 115˚ + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected]/60fps
- Front Camera: 8MP, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (up to 1TB )
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 2, 4, 5, 12, 13, 41, 66, 71
- 5G: 2, 5, 25, 41, 66, 71, 77 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: dual-band A-GPS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4470 mAh Li-Po
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Capacity