Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 Key Specs and Features
- 6.7 inches Foldable Dynamic AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2640 pixels (~425 ppi density), ~85.9% screen-to-body ratio
- 3.4 inch Super AMOLED Cover Display, 720 x 748 pixels (306 ppi))
- Android 13, One UI 5.1.1
- Qualcomm SM8550-AC Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 (4 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 8GB RAM
- 12 MP (wide) + 12 MP (ultrawide) Dual Rear Camera
- 10 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (side mounted)
- 256GB, 512GB Built-in Storage
- 4G LTE Support
- 5G Support
- 25W Fast Charging Capacity
- 3700 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
But for the new flex hinge, and larger outer display which is now at 3.4 inches, the Samsung Z Flip 5 could have been mistaken for its predecessor “Galaxy Z Flip 4“. However, it still boasts a premium build quality with a metal frame and Gorilla Glass exterior, giving it a sense of durability and sophistication.
The Galaxy Z Flip5 is slightly thinner when folded, measuring 15.1mm, making it more pocket-friendly. The overall dimensions remain unchanged from the previous generation, providing a familiar feel in hand. At 187g, it is taller and slightly heavier than most standard smartphones.
On the outside, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 features a small, informative cover display. The 3.4 inches diagonally display, provides more real estate than its predecessor. As the secondary display, it allows users to view notifications, time, battery status, and caller ID without the need to open the phone fully.
Upon unfolding the 5G phone, you are greeted with a stunning 6.7-inch Dynamic AMOLED display. The foldable design is well-implemented here, with Flex Hinge which results in a gapless folding mechanism, thus allowing the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5’s two halves to fold completely flat on themselves.
Additionally, the Z Flip 5’s camera system is neatly integrated into the design. There is a dual-camera setup along the cover display, that allows users to take selfies with the main camera when the phone is closed, however, when opened, there is a punch-hole on the display that hold the single selfie camera.
Lastly, the physical layout of the phone is largely unchanged, just like the Flip 4, it has the USB-C port, primary speaker, and microphones located at the bottom. The left side houses the SIM tray, while on the right side, users find the power button, side key, and fingerprint reader, along with the volume rocker.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 features a unique and innovative display setup, with both an outer cover screen and an inner foldable screen, providing a dual-screen experience.
The Flex Window, which is also refers to as the Outer Cover Screen has a significant upgrade over its predecessor, offering a much larger 3.4-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 748 x 720 and a 60Hz refresh rate. Instead of the previous slim 1.9in horizontal strip display.
While the resolution might be lower than some competitors like the Razr+, it still impresses with its punchy colors and wide viewing angles. It has an on-screen keyboard, which is ample in size, making it easy to send replies to messages from the Flex Window.
The Inner Foldable Screen on Flip 5 which is the min display has 6.7-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X display when unfolded. It boasts a Full HD+ resolution of 2640 x 1080, providing sharp visuals and vibrant colors.
The aspect ratio of 22:9 allows for easy navigation with swiping gestures, but reaching the top corners may require some finger stretching. It has a maximum brightness, reaching up to 1,504 nits, which significantly improves outdoor visibility compared to its predecessor.
Additionally, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 internal foldable display supports a 120Hz maximum refresh rate, which allows for smoother animations and interactions. The display also offers color accuracy options with Vivid and Natural modes and supports HDR.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5’s camera offering remains unchanged, however. This means you’re getting the same 12MP (f/1.8) main camera with OIS, alongside another 12MP (f/2.2) 123-degree ultrawide unit. While on the inside, you have the same 10MP (f/2.2) selfie camera as before, housed within a central hole punch notch.
The primary camera uses a Samsung S5K2LD 12MP sensor, which has been used in the main camera of the Galaxy S20. While not the latest in sensor technology, it still boasts large 1.8µm pixels and a 1/1.76″ optical format, providing decent image quality. The 24mm f/1.8 lens is stabilized, which helps to capture sharper images in various conditions.
Meanwhile, the ultrawide camera relies on the Sony IMX258 sensor, a Type 1/3.06″ unit with 1.12µm pixels. Although the phone outputs 12MP photos, the fixed-focus lens offers a 13mm equivalent focal length and an f/2.2 aperture. This camera provides a wider field of view, making it ideal for capturing expansive landscapes or group shots.
Moving on to the front-facing camera, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 features a 10MP Samsung S5K3J1 sensor, also found in the Galaxy S20 series. The sensor has a 1/3″ optical format with 1.22µm pixels, which ensures good selfie image quality.
The lens on the Z Flip5 has a 23mm equivalent focal length and an f/2.2 aperture, a slight difference from the Flip4’s 25mm, f/2.4 lens. While the changes may not be significant, they might result in slightly wider selfies, allowing users to fit more subjects into the frame.
Hardware and Software
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 is powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy, a Samsung-specific version of Qualcomm’s high-end chipset, offering fantastic performance. The CPU’s Cortex-X3 prime core is clocked at 3.36GHz, providing snappy responsiveness and seamless multitasking.
The chipset is backed up by Adreno 740 GPU running at 719MHz and has up to 8GB of RAM and 512GB of UFS 4.0 storage. Therefore, the phone handles multiple tasks, 4K video streaming, and demanding gaming without any slowdowns.
On the software side, the Galaxy Z Flip 5 comes with Android 13 and Samsung’s custom One UI 5.1.1 interface. Familiar to users of recent Samsung phones, One UI retains its feature-rich nature, offering a wealth of customization options and exclusive functionalities. There is also the One UI’s app shortcuts and widgets on the lock screen, customizable always-on display, and powerful app optimization make it a joy to use on the Galaxy Z Flip 5.
Additionally, the android phone packed a 3,700 mAh battery which is the same battery found in the last year’s Galaxy Z Flip 4. Furthermore, the charging capabilities remain unchanged from its predecessor, with 25W wired charging and 15W wireless charging.
Comparatively, the Z Flip 5 outperforms its rivals from Motorola and Oppo, thanks to the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip. The newer SoC provides a slight performance advantage over the older Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor used in some competing models.
Above all, it also supports dual-SIM functionality, along with 5G, Wi-Fi 6e, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, IR blaster, and a USB Type-C port.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 price starts at around $ 999.00 / € 1,199.00 / £ 1,049.00 / ₹ 99,999. The Galaxy Z Flip 5 price in Nigeria starts at around ₦1,280,000.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5:
- Platform: Android 13, One UI 5.1.1
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8550-AC Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 (4 nm) Octa Core Processor (3.36 GHz Cortex-X3 and 2.8 GHz dual-core Cortex-A715 and 2.8 GHz dual-core Cortex-A710 and 2.0 GHz tri-core Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 740
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Mint, Graphite, Cream, Lavender, Gray, Blue, Green, Yellow
- Dimension: Unfolded: 165.1 x 71.9 x 6.9 mm, Folded: 85.1 x 71.9 x 15.1 mm
- Weight: 187 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.7 inches Foldable Dynamic AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2640 pixels (~425 ppi density), 120Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10+, 1750 nits (peak) Brightness, ~85.9% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes (Plastic and Gorilla Glass Victus 2)
- Foldable Display: Yes
- Rear Camera: 12 MP (wide), f/1.8, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS + 12 MP (ultrawide), f/2.2, 123˚ FoV Dual Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, HDR, Panorama, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@60/240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR10+
- Front Camera: 10 MP (wide) f/2.2 Camera, HDR, 4K@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 256GB, 512GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: SA/NSA/Sub6/mmWave
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, Wi-Fi 6, tri-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.3, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C 3.2, OTG
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: –
- Navigation: Yes, GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (side mounted
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes, 15W Fast Wireless Charging Capacity, 4.5W Reverse Wireless Charging
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes, Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
- Water Resistant: Yes, IPX8 water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 min of fresh water)
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 3700 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 25W Fast Charging Capacity, 15W Fast Wireless Charging Capacity