Social Networking & IM Tops App usage for BlackBerry
For BlackBerry users in Nigeria, Social networking and instant messaging apps were by far their most frequently used apps. This is according to a non-scientific survey we conducted on our Facebook fan page in December, 2011 where we asked mobile users of different platforms to list 3 of their most frequently used apps. While, the competition was respectable between Social networking/IM apps and mobile browser apps on other platforms, users of Blackberry phones were a lot more pro social with social/IM apps having 79.9% popularity, leaving browsers with just 10.8%.
Where to Buy BlackBerry PhonesJumia.com.ng from ₦16,495.00 Buy Now
Konga.com from ₦23,000.00 Buy Now
This may not come as a surprise since a lot of people who talk about BlackBerry often emphasis the BlackBerry Messenger, which is an Instant messaging/social networking app. The surprise from the result of the survey is that more respondents used the Facebook app more often than the BlackBerry messenger.
BlackBerry was also the only platform were the Twitter app had a good showing finishing as the third most popular app for BlackBerry subscribers in Nigeria.
Top 5 mobile apps for BlackBerryThe survey asked mobile subscribers using the following platforms to list their 3 most frequently used apps: BlackBerry, Android, Symbian, and Series 40. Here are the 5 most frequently used apps for BlackBerry subscribers.
- Facebook (32.4%)
- BlackBerry Messenger (29.7%)
- Twitter (14.9%)
- BlackBerry Browser (5.4%)
- Opera Browsers (4%)
More BlackBerry & Related content
- 2go is top Social networking & IM app in Nigeria
- Social networking & IM apps top for mobile subscribers in Nigeria
- Overview of Whatsapp, an Instant messaging app
- BlackBerry Phones and devices
- BlackBerry Services in Nigeria
- BlackBerry 7 OS Smartphones
- BlackBerry Access Codes & Prices
- Glo BlackBerry Services
- BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900/9930
- BlackBerry Bold 9790 Smartphone