At CES 2013, ZTE launched what may well be its flagship smartphone for 2013. The ZTE Grand S is indeed grand with a massive 5-inch display. The phone is also super thin coming at just 6.9mm thick. The ZTE Grand S is a super phone, powered by a Quad-core processor and Jelly Bean.
An Ultra-thin Super Phone
The ZTE Grand S is noticeably thin at just 6.9mm. It is powered by a 1.7GHz quad-core processor and 2GB RAM. ZTE Grand S features Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), but according to Gizomo the ZTE forked UI is ugly on the prototype. However, we hope ZTE refines the UI before actual commercial launch later this year.
The phone features a brilliant 5-inch display with 1080p resolution. The ZTE Grand S also features an impressive 13 mega pixels camera. The camera records full HD video (1080p). The frontend camera can also handle full HD video. ZTE Grand S supports LTE and HSPA+.
Pricing & Availability
ZTE Grand S will debut in China this Q1. US Launch is expected in Q2. For now there is no information on pricing. We currently have no information on price and availability in Nigeria.
ZTE Grand S Specs:
- Platform: Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Colours: Black/Silver
- Processor: 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage Capacity: 16GB (built-in memory)
- up to 32GB memory card support
- Weight: –
- Dimensions: 6.9mm thick
- 5-inch Touch Display 1080 x 1920 pixels (441ppi)
- 13MP Camera with LED flash, Autofocus, face detection, geo-tagging, image stabilisation, 1080p HD video
- 2MP front facing camera (1080p HD Video)
- Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor, Digital Compass
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n dual-band with DLNA
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP
- USB 2.0
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- HTML5 Browser
- Dolby Digital Sound
- Chat, EMail, & Social Networking
- GPS with A-GPS
- 1780mAH Battery Capacity