Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini is a modest rebuild of Samsung’s flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S4. It is designed to mirror most of the design details of the Samsung Galaxy S4, but smaller and with a less illustrious specs sheet and a cheaper price. Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini will be optimised for different markets; one variant will features LTE with NFC, another 3G, and third is expected to support dual-SIM. Samsung Galaxy S7 is the latest member of the Galaxy S Series.
Where to Buy Samsung Phones
Galaxy S4 for the Masses
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini is targeted at the mass market. While incorporating some of the design features of the Galaxy S4, the Galaxy Mini had to trade-off some features of the flagship S4 to bring price low, which is a key buying consideration for the mass market.
First, the Galaxy S4 Mini comes with a smaller 4.3-inch Super AMOLED (540 x 960 pixels) display with no way near the brilliance of the 5.0-inch full HD display on the flagship Galaxy S4, but one which will probably be good enough for the target markets.
The camera was also downgraded from 13 megapixels on the flagship to 8 megapixels on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. The camera can still do full HD video just like the Galaxy S4. Most of the camera features of the flagship seem to be replicated on the Galaxy S4 Mini except for the dual-shot features which enables you use the front and rear camera at the same time to create one photo.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini comes with a 1.7GHz dual-core processor, which is not as impressive as the quad-core or octa-core option offered by the flagship. It has 1.5GB RAM or 2GB RAM depending on the model with the latest Jelly Bean version (Android 4.2.2 ).
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini is available in three models. The Samsung GT-I9192 is the dual-SIM model, which we expect to come to Nigeria. Samsung GT-I9195 is the LTE model that also comes with NFC and Samsung GT-9190 is the third model.
Pricing and availability
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini is not available in Nigeria and worldwide, it is expected in July. For now we are not sure the model(s) that will make it to Nigeria, but the dual-SIM model is the most likely for the Nigerian market. We do not have any official info on Nigerian pricing but based on some international pricing information, we expect the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini price to range from N52,000 to N67,000.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Specs:
Here are a few Specs for the Samsung Galaxy SIV Mini:
- Micro SIM ?
- 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Display 540 x 960 pixels (256 ppi)
- Dimensions: 124.6 x 61.3 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 107g
- Dual-SIM (available in dual-SIM variant)
- 8MP Camera with 1080p HD Video, autofocus, HDR, & LED Flash
- 1.9MP Front Facing Camera
- Android 4.2.2 OS (Jelly Bean)
- 1.7GHz dual-core Processor with Adreno 305 graphics processor
- 1.5GB RAM, 2GB RAM (for LTE model)
- Storage: 8GB (5GB available), up to 64GB microSD memory
- Colours: White Frost, Black Mist
- 3.5mm jack
- NFC (for LTE model)
- Gyroscope, Accelerometer, proximity sensor, digital compass
- Bluetooth 4.0 with EDR, LE, A2DP
- GSM Quad-band GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- WCDMA/HSPA (up to 42Mbps) (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)
- LTE (up to 100Mbps) (only on LTE models)
- Stereo FM with RDS
- GPS Navigation with A-GPS/GLONASS/Wi-Fi
- Google Maps
- Google Search, Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk
- email/push email/IM
- Music player (MP3, AAC, eAAC+, WAV, FLAC)
- Video player (MPEG4, H.263, H.264, DivX)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n with DLNA, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Photo/Video editor
- Document Viewer
- WAP 2.0/XHTML/HTML browser
- Battery capacity: 1900 mAh
- Standby: ?
- Talktime: ?
More on Samsung devices
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S6
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- Best Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016)
- Cheap Android Phones