LG G3 is LG’s new flagship and the brand’s answer to other 2014 flagships like Sony Xperia Z2 and the Samsung Galaxy S5. LG G3 comes with some thunder with the most pixel-packed phone screen so far and a laser guided camera. LG also overhauled the Android UI for a simplified experience and added a new Smart Notice service that is more like a personal digital assistant that helps you make the best of your phone.
Where to Buy LG Android Phones
Jumia.com.ng from ₦17,000.00 Buy Now
Konga.com from ₦30,000.00 Buy Now
LG’s Latest Super Phone
LG G3 offers similar raw power as other competing flagship smartphone running on the now standard quad-core Qualcomm 801 processor clocking at 2.5GHz each with 2GB or 3GB of RAM. However, to save power and extend battery life the LG G3 adapts clock speed, frame rate, and performance of the LCD. It runs on Android 4.4.2 with LG’s UI simplified for an improved user experience.
The new Smart Notice feature is a intelligent assistant that offers reminders and recommendations with natural language capability. For example, Smart Notice can remind you to take an umbrella just by looking at the weather data of your location. If you do not use some apps for some time, it can also recommend that you uninstall them to save space.
LG G3 offers 16GB or 32GB built-in storage, but unlike the LG G2 it now supports microSD cards which enables you increase built-in storage by up to 128GB. The battery is now removable unlike its predecessor.
Brilliant QHD Display & Laser Guided Camera
One of the most outstanding feature on the LG G3 is the display. LG has increased the screen size from 5.2-inch to now 5.5-inch, but has also packed more pixels with 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution. This gives the the LG G3 a brilliant view with a pixel per inch of 534, the highest of any major smartphone brand.
The camera also offers a few innovation of its own. While it is still the same 13 megapixels camera (at least on the surface), but comes with an innovative laser-enabled autofocus system that focuses the images from blurry to sharp in 0.276 seconds, making taking photos faster and easier. The front facing camera is still 2.1 megapixels, but has been optimised for taking selfies in addition to video chats.
Pricing and availability
LG G3 was available globally in June, 2014. You can buy at leading online stores and phone stores throughout the country. LG G3 price in Nigeria ranges from N90,000 to N120,000 depending on your location in the country and the built-in storage.
LG G3 Specs:
Here is a brief specs of the LG Optimus G3:
- Platform: Android 4.4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Optimus UI with Smart Notice Intelligent Assistant
- Micro SIM
- Processor: 2.5 GHz quad-core Processor, Adreno 330 GPU
- RAM: 2 GB RAM (16GB models), 3GB RAM (32GB models)
- Storage Capacity: 16GB or 32GB (built-in memory), up to 128 GB memory card support
- Colours Metallic Black, Silk White, Shine Gold, Moon Violet, Burgundy Red
- Weight: 149 g
- Dimensions: 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm
- Display: 5.5-inch True HD IPS + Display 1440 x 2560 (534 ppi)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear Camera: 13MP Camera with dual-LED flash and 2160p Ultra HD (4k) Video
- Laser Guided Autofocus, face detection, geo-tagging, HDR, Optical Image Stabilisation, Video Stabilization
- 2.1MP front facing camera with Full HD Video
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity Sensor, Digital Compass
- USB 2.0, USB Host
- USB On-The-Go
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, LE
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- HSDPA (WCDMA) 850/900/1900/2100MHz
- 4G LTE (up to 150 Mbps)
- HSPA+ up to 42Mbps
- HTML5 Browser
- IR Blaster for Remote control
- TV Out (via MHL A/V link)
- Stereo FM Radio with RDS
- Document Viewer/Editor
- Photo Viewer/Editor
- GMail, YouTube, Google Talk, and other Google Services
- Chat, EMail, & Social Networking
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, Google Maps
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 3000mAH Battery Capacity (removable)