The Toyota Corolla has long been one of the company’s best-selling cars, the 2015 Toyota Corolla hopes to carry on this tradition. Since its debut back in 1966, the Corolla has become a mainstay in the automobile market, spanning a number of subcompact and compact vehicles. Toyota has sold more than 40 million Corollas since its debut, and over the years, it has remained as one of the most consistent models in Toyota’s lineup.
The 2015 Toyota Corolla offers very few differences over the 2014 model, which was the last major redesign for the Corolla. Its major addition is the fold-down rear centre arm rest, which is available in all models except the entry level Corolla L.
Gone is the ‘boring’ design that many people had grown accustomed to (prior to 2014). Instead, 2015 Toyota Corolla continues the stunning new design that combines sleek lines and sharp curves with significantly improved aerodynamics. The front of the car keeps the redesigns of the 2014 models, featuring sloping headlamps with blue LED lights.
This gives the 2015 Toyota Corolla a more vivid and aesthetically pleasing look. In essence, the car looks significantly more ‘athletic’. The car is approximately three inches longer than its predecessor, and it features a longer wheelbase.
Subtle elements were incorporated in the exterior of the 2014 models, that makes the Corolla look more imposing on the road, the 2015 Toyota Corolla keeps all of them. For instance, the wheels are now much farther out and close to the corners of the vehicle and the stance of the car has also been altered, giving it a sportier outlook. This is in stark contrast to the design of the pre-2014 models, which began to look dated a few months after it hit the market.
The addition of LED headlamps and running lamps provide the perfect complement to the exterior, giving the car more verve. The trunk capacity has also been slightly increased, but that is primarily due to the slightly larger size of the car itself. There are four trim levels available, and each of them comes with the LED lights and other standard features of the car. The hubcaps have been redesigned, and the car now features a rear spoiler, integrated turn signals on the side mirrors and a svelte design along the sides.
There’s a lot to talk about the interior of the 2015 Toyota Corolla. The dashboard has been completely redesigned, and now has a lot more fluidity to it. The previous model features a slightly rounded design around the speedometer, which has been removed. The 2015 Corolla now has a stylish, fluid dashboard design with smooth lines that flow from one side to the other.
This helps to accentuate the instrument panel, which also includes a number of subtle additions to complement the drive. A newly designed center console and passenger area provides greater options and space for the passengers and the driver.
The use of piano black accents in the interior (default choice) shows the attention to detail that Toyota pays to the Corolla. The piano black accents are available in the 2015 Toyota Corolla LE, LE Eco and the S trims, the piano black accents help to showcase a gorgeously redesigned interior featuring deep blacks.
Buyers can also select the available Softex seats, which are fast becoming a mainstay in Toyota’s lineup. The SofTex seats are available in the 2015 Toyota Corolla LE Premium, LE Eco Premium and the S Premium trims, and provide a perfect blend of luxury and practicability.
The seats are waterproof and provide excellent lumbar support over longer distances. The latest Toyota Corolla also offers an option to split the rear seats in a 60/40 proportion to reconfigure the space in your trunk. You can fold one seat completely flat to gain a little extra space in the trunk.
The electronics of the car have also been upgraded. The 2015 Toyota Corolla comes with the company’s proprietary Entune Premium Audio with Navigation and App Suite. The car has a 6.1 touch screen and a backup camera, along with a whole host of different apps that can help users remain connected to the outside world while driving.
The 2015 Toyota Corolla features voice recognition, a dedicated USB port, Bluetooth (now standard on all models) and several steering wheel controls to make the driving more accessible and engaging. Subtle enhancements, such as a sportier driver’s position, paddle shifters and a sport gauge cluster all combine to make the interior of the 2015 Toyota Corolla joy to behold.
The structure of the vehicle has been significantly reinforced. The car includes an anti-locking braking system, eight airbags and a stability control feature that ensures a smooth drive on any surface. However, rather than using disc brakes all around the car, the 2015 Toyota Corolla is still equipped with disc brakes in the front and drum brakes in the rear. The S model, however, comes with disc brakes all around.
Significant improvements in road handling allow the car to drive at a much smoother pace. It is evident that Toyota is stepping up its game in the compact car market, and the latest model of the Toyota Corolla includes a flurry of improvements and upgrades that make the design more beautiful, and the drive more comfortable. This is not a flashy or sporty vehicle by any means, but when it comes to practicability, there are few who fare better than the 2015 Toyota Corolla.
The 2015 Corolla offers the same options as its predecessor. The car comes with a choice of two different four cylinder inline 1.8 Litre engines, both of which offer invariably a similar level of fuel efficiency and road performance. The base engine provides 132 horsepower and 128 lb. feet of torque.
The Eco Trim comes with Valvematic, Toyota’s version of the CVT (continuously variable valve timing) transmission. This obviously provides much greater fuel economy and even gives a boost to the engine’s performance, producing 140 horsepower. The engine gives 42 mpg on a highway, which is excellent for a non-hybrid.
Pricing and availability
The 2015 Toyota Corolla is not yet available in Nigeria. When available, you can buy at Toyota Dealer outlets near you. 2015 Toyota Corolla price in Nigeria is expected to range from N4,500,000 to 9,000,000 NGN.
2015 Toyota Corolla Specs
Here are a few specs of the 2015 Toyota Corolla Sedan/Salon:
- Beam Headlights: LED low Beam Lamp and Halogen high Beam Lamp with Integrated Fog light in LE, LE Eco, & S
- Power Mirrors: Yes, 2015 Corolla S adds turn signal indicators
- Power Moonroof: Yes (except for L trims)
- Steel Wheels: 15-inches Wheel (L only)
- Alloy Wheels: Yes, 16-inch Wheel (LE & LE Eco), 17-inch Wheel (S trims)
- HSEA Glass: Yes
- Rear spoiler: Yes (LE Eco & S)
- Chrome-tipped exhaust: Yes (S trims)
- Air Conditioning: Yes, but LE, LE Eco, and S trims offer Automatic Climate Control
- Media Player: Yes, AM/FM CD player, MP3/WMA playback
- Speakers: 4 Speaker System (LE trim), 6 Speaker System (LE, LE Eco, & S)
- USB Ports: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, with iPod connectivity
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Display: 6.1-inch Touchscreen (LE, S, & LE Eco trims)
- Backup Camera: Yes (LE, S, & LE Eco trims)
- Satelite Radio: Yes (except for L trims)
- Run Apps: Yes (except for L trims)
- Remote Keyless Entry System: Yes (except for L trims)
- Fabric Seats: Yes (L)
- Leather Seats: Yes (Sythetic Leather – SofTex) for LE, S, and LE Eco
- 60/40 split fold-down: Yes
- Cruise Control: Yes (except for L trims)
- Steering Wheel: Yes (Tilt/Telescopic), S (Leather)
- Power Doors: Yes
- Power Windows: Yes
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC): Yes
- Traction Control (TRAC): Yes
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS): Yes
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD): Yes
- Brake Assist (BA): 5 MP Camera
- Smart Stop Technology (SST): Yes
- Airbags: Yes, 8 Airbags
- Seatbelts: Yes, 3-point seatbelt for all seats and LATCH for kids
- Side-impact door beams: Yes
- Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS): Yes
- Engine Immobilizer: Yes
- Anti-theft System with alarm: No
- Engine Type: 1.8-Liter 4-Cylinder DOHC 16-Valve with Dual VVT-i or 1.8-Liter 4-Cylinder DOHC 16-Valve with Valvematic technology
- Engine Power: 132 hp @ 6000 rpm (Dual VVT-i) or 140 hp @ 6100 rpm (Valvematic)
- Engine Torque: 128 lb.-ft. @ 4400 rpm or (Dual VVT-i) 126 lb.-ft. @ 4000 rpm (Valvematic)
- Transmission: 4-speed Automatic Transmission (L trims), Continuously Variable Transmission with intelligence and Shift Mode (CVTi-S) for LE, S, and LE Eco
- Drivetrain: Front Wheel Drive
- Brakes: Front Disc Brakes and Rear Drum brakes (except S trims with all disc brakes)
- Mileage estimates (mpg city/highway/combined): 25/35/28 mpg (4-cylinder), 21/31/25 mpg (V6 Engine)
- Emmission Rating: Yes, Ultra Low Emission Vehicle II (ULEV-II), except LE Eco with California LEV 3
- Width: 69.9 Inches
- Length: 182.6 Inches
- Height: 57.3 Inches
- Wheelbase: 106.3 Inches
- Ground Clearance: 5.5 Inches
- Shoulder Room (Front/Rear): 54.8/54.8 Inches
- Hip Room (Front/Rear): 53.0/43.9 Inches
- Leg Room (Front/Rear): 42.3/41.4 Inches
- Head Room (Front/Rear): 38.3/37.1 Inches
Weight & Capacity
- Curb Weight: 1280 to 1304 kg
- Cargo Room: 368.1 Litres or 0.37 cubic-metre
- EPA Passenger Volume: 2761 Litres or 2.76 cubic-metre
- Fuel Tank: 50 Litres
- Seating Capacity: 5
The above features and specs are based on the US models of the 2015 Totota Corolla and may not be exactly the same as models and trims available in your country.
More About Toyota
- 2015 Toyota Venza
- 2015 Toyota Sienna
- 2015 Toyota Highlander
- 2015 Toyota RAV4
- 2015 Toyota Corolla
- 2015 Toyota Camry
- 2012 Toyota Camry
- Toyota Price in Nigeria
- 2010 Toyota Camry cars Specs
- 2010 Toyota Corolla cars Specs
- 2010 Toyota Prius hybrid cars Specs
- 2009 Toyota Corolla
- Toyota Camry 2009
- Toyota Camry 2008 Sedan Review