The new Toshiba Satellite C-Series 17.3-inch (Toshiba Satellite C70) is the bigger version of the equally new Toshiba Satellite C55 15.6-inch laptop. Just like its smaller brother, this Windows 10-focused laptop is designed for budget-minded users who only need one for doing basic computer tasks.
The ‘C’ in the series name is said to stand for ‘cost-efficient,’ underscoring its budget appeal.
Design and Display
With its brushed resin black matte finish, the Toshiba Satellite C70 looks good enough for a budget laptop. It shows off a plastic construction and is relatively slim at less than one inch thick.
The notebook is provided with full-sized, raised-tile TruType keyboard. Toshiba Satellite C70 crams in a large display measuring 17.3 inches, giving you generous screen estate for work and movie watching.
Hardware and Software
The Toshiba Satellite C70 will be equipped with an Intel or AMD processor, backed by up to 16 GB of RAM. While the laptop should deliver superb performance for basic, commonplace tasks, it is certainly not one to run most modern games.
Toshiba Satellite C70 will ship with Windows 8.1 operating system, but users will be able to upgrade the budget machine to Windows 10 when it becomes available. This means you have a laptop that could potentially tap into the cool new features that Microsoft’s latest operating system promises, including the personal digital assistant Cortana.
The inbuilt TruTalk dual-array microphones make it possible to put voice-based apps, such as Cortana and Skype, to good use.
Onboard storage allocation on the Toshiba Satellite C70 could be as high as 1 TB, depending on configuration, to provide storage capacity more than enough for most users’ needs. USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports, an HDMI ports and an SD card slot are among the available ports and interfaces.
The 17-incher features a DVD SuperMulti optical drive, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi 802.11,
Toshiba Satellite C-Series 17.3-inch, and its 15.6-inch variant, started selling June 21 at major retailers.
Pricing and availability
Toshiba Satellite C70 laptops are not yet available in Nigeria, but has already gone on sale in the United States. Toshiba Satellite C70 price in Nigeria is expected to start around N80,000, depending on your location and the configuration of the laptop.
Toshiba Satellite C70 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Toshiba Satellite C70 17.3-inch Notebook:
- OS: Windows 8.1 (Free upgrade to Windows 10)
- Processor: Intel Core Processor or AMD A8 Processor (up to 5th Gen Intel Core i5 Processor)
- GPU: Up to NVIDIA GeForce 930M Graphics
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 8GB RAM, up to 16GB RAM
- Colours: Matt Black finish with Hairline Pattern or Matt White
- Dimension: 412.7 x 279.4 x 26.5 mm
- Weight: 2.73 kg
Display & Keyboard
- Display: 17.3-inch IPS Touchscreen Display, 1366 x 768 pixels or 1600 x 900 pixels
- Keyboard: Full Size Keyboard
- Pointing Device: Touchpad
- Built-in Storage: up to 2TB HDD or up to 256GB SDD
- Optical Storage: optional DVD
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
Ports & Connectivity
- Webcam: Yes, HD Webcam
- USB 3.0 Port: Yes, 1 ports
- USB 2.0 Port: Yes, 2 port (Supports USB Sleep and Charge)
- HDMI: Yes, 1 port (up to ultra HD 4K output)
- DisplayPort: No
- VGA: No
- Ethernet (RJ-45): No
- SD Slot: Yes, 1 slot
- Mic/Headphone: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.0
- Mobile Broadband: No
- Dedicated Cortana Key
- Battery: –
- Use Time: up to 7.45 hours