Xiaomi Redmi 3 is a dirt-cheap smartphone, that is, when you consider the impressive array of features it comes with. It represents a significant upgrade over the Redmi 2, coming with a more durable build, a bigger IPS display, better cameras and a more robust processor, amongst other improvements.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Phones
Jumia.com.ngfrom ₦25,000.00 Buy Now
Design and Display
The Redmi 2 sported a glossy plastic construction, but its successor offers a more premium design.
Parading a pleasant unibody design, the Xiaomi Redmi 3 still retains plastic in its construction, but aluminium has now been added to enhance solidity.
The rear panel shows off a cool diamond pattern. It can be noticed that the display is now bigger at 5 inches.
The IPS panel has a resolution of 1,280 x 720 pixels for a respectable pixel density of 294 ppi and great viewing angles.
Camera and Storage
On the camera front, the Xiaomi Redmi 3 offers an amazing pair. It comes with a 13-megapixel rear camera boasting LED flash and hybrid phase detect autofocus. The shooter records 1080p videos at 30 frames per second.
Selfie lovers get a 5-megapixel front-facing snapper, which also boasts 1080 video recording capability.
The Xiaomi Redmi 3 comes with generous inbuilt storage of 16 GB, expandable by up to 128 GB using a microSD card.
Performance and OS
The Xiaomi Redmi 3 is decked out to deliver more robust performance with an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 processor zooming away under the hood.
This powerful CPU, which is clocked at 1.5 GHz, is married to an Adreno 405 GPU and modest 2 GB of RAM.
Out of the box, the Xiaomi Redmi 3 boots Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system, with this having the Chinese phone maker’s MIUI 7 skin on top of it.
The Redmi 3 is a power-laden smartphone comparable to the likes of the Huawei G Power and ZTE Axon Max.
It packs a 4,100mAh non-removable battery with fast charging support. Buyers should expect impressive battery life since this is only a 5-incher with an HD display.
Xiaomi Redmi 3 supports 4G LTE (Cat. 4) for awe-inspiring download speeds of up to 150 Mbps.
Connectivity options on the hybrid dual-SIM Redmi 3 includes Bluetooth 4.1 and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n. It also offers an IR blaster.
Pricing and Availability
Xiaomi Redmi 3 is not yet available in Nigeria. When available, you can buy it at leading online stores in the country. Xiaomi Redmi 3 Price in Nigeria is expected to range from N35,000 to N45,000 depending on your location in Nigeria.
Xiaomi Redmi 3 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi 3:
- Platform: Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) MIUI V7
- Processor: ARM Cortex-A53 Quad-core 1.5GHz, ARM Cortex-A53 Quad-core 1.2GHz (Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 MSM8939v2)
- GPU: Qualcomm Adreno 405
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Colours: Gray, Silver, Gold
- Dimension: 139.9 x 69.6 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 144 g
- SIM Type: Micro/Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 5-inch Touch Display, 720 x 1280 pixels (294 ppi)
- Display Protection: –
- Rear Camera: 13MP Camera, HD Video 1080p @30fps
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR, 5-element lens
- Front Camera: 5MP Camera
- Built-in Storage: 16GB
- Memory Card Support: MicroSD
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, up to 42.2 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, up to 150 Mbps
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 4.1, A2DP
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes USB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/Flac player
- Video Player: Xvid/MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: –
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: No
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No
- Battery: Li-Polymer 4100 mAh battery (Non-Removable)
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –