Infinix Note 3 X601 is the successor of last year’s leading entry level phablet, the Infinix Note 2, though this latest iteration seems more like a mid-range. It still features a massive 6-inch display, but with more pixels squeezed in for a more brilliant view. Infinix Note 3 offers a premium metal design, Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), a fingerprint sensor, and a 4500 mAh battery. Checkout the Infinix Note 4.
Where to Buy Infinix Note 3
Infinix Note 3 Key Specs & Features
- 6.0-inch Touch Display, 1080 x 1920 pixels (367ppi)
- 1.3GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 MT6753 CPU with 2GB RAM
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 16GB Storage with support for memory card up to 128GB
- 13MP Rear Camera and 5MP Front Camera
- 3G and Wi-Fi, Optional 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear)
- 4500 mAh Battery with Fast Charging
The Design and Display
The Infinix Note 3 shaves off nearly 1 mm of depth compared to its predecessor, measuring 8.4 mm. The sleek metal design gives the phone a premium look and feel. It is available in gold, gray, and silver.
Infinix Note 3 is equipped with a 6-inch IPS display like its predecessor. However, the display now comes with twice as much pixels offering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution for a more brilliant view. This makes the massive screen on the smartphone great for watching movies and for browsing the web.
Like the Infinix Hot 4, the Infinix Note 3 is having its front facing camera upgraded from 2MP to 5 megapixels. This combined with the introduction of a soft LED flash should make for great selfies and wefies.
Infinix Note 3 sports a 13 megapixels rear camera with autofocus and dual-LED flash.
You may also be interested in the Best Infinix Phones.
Hardware and Software
Infinix Note 3 runs Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) on a 1.3GHz octa-core processor with 2GB of RAM. The phablet sports 16GB built-in storage with a microSD slot that supports up to 128GB additional storage. Like the Infinix Hot S and Hot 4, the smartphone sports a fingerprint sensor on the back.
The Android phone supports dual micro SIMs and 3G data. In some countries like Kenya, you be able to by the Infinix Note 3 Pro with 3GB RAM and support for 4G LTE. There is also an Infinix Note 3 LTE in Ghana, which offers LTE, but keeps the RAM at 2GB.
Infinix Note 3 also offers dual-band Wi-Fi, Digital Compass, and an aerospace cooling technology that cools down the device by passing fluid through embedded copper pipes.
The smartphone offers more battery capacity than its predecessor. With a 4500 mAh battery combined with the battery saving features of the XOS software, the Android phone promises long battery life of up to two days or even more.
The phone supports fast charging (XCharge 3.0). Thanks to this technology, the Infinix Note 3 can be fully charged in 99 minutes and a 5 minutes charge can give you up to 200 minutes talktime according to Infinix.
Pricing and Availability
Infinix Note 3 is now available in Nigeria, Ghana, and Kenya. You can buy the smartphone at leading online stores in the countries. The Note 3 Price in Kenya starts at KSh 14,395.
Infinix Note 3 price in Nigeria ranges from 65,500 Naira to 95,000 Naira depending on your location in the country. Price in Ghana starts at GH₵ 627.
Infinix Note 3 Specs
Here are the specs of the Infinix Note 3:
- Platform: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), XOS Skin
- Processor: 64-bit, 1.3GHz octa-core Processor (MediaTek Helio X10 MT6753)
- GPU: Mali-T720 MP3
- Memory: 2GB RAM or 3GB RAM (Infinix Note 3 Pro)
- Colours: Silver, Gold
- Dimension: 162.5 x 82.8 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 199 g
- SIM Type: Micro SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM, Dual Standby
- Display: 6.0-inch Display, 1080 x 1920 pixels (367ppi)
- Screen Protection: –
- Rear Camera: 13 MP Camera, HD Video
- Rear Camera Features: Phase Detection Autofocus, Dual-LED Flash
- Front Camera: 5MP Camera, Soft LED Flash
- Built-in Storage: 16GB Storage
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 128GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes (Infinix Note 3 Pro or Note3 LTE)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes, up to 48kbps
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes (Infinix Note 3 Pro)
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.2
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 2.0, USB on the Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol:
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- FM Radio: Yes (with RDS)
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- Pedometer: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant:
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: No (download at store)
- Document Viewer: No (download at store)
- Document Editor: No (download at store)
- Battery: 4500 mAh Battery
- Standby Time: up to 528 hours
- Talktime: up to 23.5 hours
- Browsing Time: –
- Video Watching: –
- Music Playback: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, XCharge 3.0 (Fully charges in 99 minutes)