Infinix Zero 5G is the first 5G smartphone from Infinix. It features the same MediaTek MT6877 Dimensity 900 5G processor as the Tecno Pova 5G. The Infinix Zero 5G drops the AMOLED display on the Infinix Zero X and Zero X Pro for an IPS display similar to the Zero X Neo.
Where to Buy Infinix Zero 5G
Though switching from AMOLED to IPS seems like a downgrade, the addition of more battery capacity combined with a more efficient processor could make it better in the battery department.
The efficient processor built on a 6 nm technology combined with top grade LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1 built-in storage could also give it a performance boost. You also get cool new technologies like 5G and Wi-Fi 6.
Infinix Zero 5G Key Specs and Features
- 6.78 inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2460 pixels (~388 ppi density), up to 500 nits brightness
- Android 11, XOS 10
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM
- MediaTek MT6877 Dimensity 900 5G (6 nm) Octa-core Processor
- 48 MP + 13 MP + 2 MP Triple AI Rear Camera
- 16 MP Front Camera
- 128GB UFS 3.1 Built-in Storage
- Fingerprint Sensor (side mounted)
- 5G and 4G Support
- 5000 MAh non-removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Infinix Zero 5G comes in an all plastic body with front covered in glass. The front camera is positioned in an infinity-O cutout in the top centre of the screen. On the back, you have a bump on which the three rear cameras are vertically placed. Two dual-LED flash are also mounted on the bump.
Because the AMOLED display was dropped, the Zero 5G lacks the under-display fingerprint sensor as was provided for the Infinix Zero X and Zero X Pro. Instead, the fingerprint sensor was moved to the side just like in the Zero X Neo.
Infinix Zero 5G sports a 6.78-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1080 x 2460 pixels. The display supports 120Hz refresh rate for a smooth experience when gaming or watching fast paced content and up to 500 nits brightness.
Infinix Zero 5G packs a 48 megapixels triple AI camera on the back for capturing those lovely memories. The camera consists of a 48 megapixels wide-angle sensor, a 13 megapixels telephoto sensor with 2X optical zoom, and a 2 megapixels depth sensor.
The rear camera has two dual-LED flash and supports phase detection autofocus (PDAF) and Panorama. It can also record 4K videos.
In the front, you get a 16 megapixels wide-angle camera for taking selfies. There is also a front facing LED dual-LED flash for the selfie camera.
Hardware and Software
Infinix Zero 5G is powered by the MediaTek MT6877 Dimensity 900 5G chipset which is built on an impressive 6 nm technology. This promises an efficient and solid performance for work and gaming as well as watching movies and browsing the web.
The octa-core processor is built on a dual-cluster architecture consisting of a dual-core Cortex-A78 clocked at up to 2.4GHz and a hexa-core Cortex-A55 clocked at up to 2.0GHz.
The smartphone is also fitted with top grade memory and storage with an 8GB LPDDR5 RAM and 128GB UFS 3.1 built-in storage. These will help to speed up the smartphone for a smoother performance. This should the Zero 5G a decent gaming phone.
Infinix Zero 5G features Extended RAM just like the Infinix Hot 12i. This is similar to the Memory Fusion feature on the Tecno Spark 8C and Pova 5G. The technology enables you increase the RAM capacity of your device by adding additional RAM by using a portion of the storage (ROM) to build a virtual memory that increasing the available memory for active apps and creating a smoother performance.
In the case of the Zero 5G, you can add up to 5GB additional RAM capacity, essentially providing your device with up to 13GB of RAM for an even smoother experience.
The smartphone sports a 5000 mAh battery. This is more than the 4500 mAh capacity available Zero X and Zero X Pro.
It is loaded with Android 11 and XOS 10 out of the box.
Infinix Zero 5G features a USB Type-C Port (USB 2.0) for 33W fast charging and USB on the Go. Bluetooth 5.0 with LE and A2DP is also provided.
The smartphone supports 5G connectivity for superfast downloads, uploads, and streaming. You also get Wi-Fi 6, dual-band Wi-Fi and DLNA.
Infinix Zero 5G Price and Availability
Infinix Zero 5G price in Nigeria starts at around 235,500 Naira. The Infinix Zero 5G costs around 655 GHS in Ghana, and 31,999 KES in Kenya.
The smartphone was announced in February, 2022 and was available for purchase in March 2022.
Infinix Zero 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Infinix Zero 5G:
- Platform: Android 11, XOS 10
- Processor: MediaTek MT6877 Dimensity 900 5G (6 nm) Octa-core Processor (2.4 GHz dual-core Cortex-A78 and 2.0 GHz hexa-core Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G68 MC4
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Cosmic Black, Skylight Orange, Horizon Blue
- Dimension: 168.7 x 76.5 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 199 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.78 inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2460 pixels (~388 ppi density), ~88.1% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes (Glass)
- Foldable Display: –
- Rear Camera: 48 MP, f/1.8 26mm (wide) 1/2.0″ 0.8µm PDAF + 13 MP f/2.5 50mm (telephoto) 1/3.1″ 1.12µm PDAF 2x optical zoom + 2 MP Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Quad-LED flash, HDR, Panorama, 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps
- Front Camera: 16 MP Camera, f/2.0, (wide), 1/2.76″, 1.12µm, Dual-LED Flash, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB UFS 3.1
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 256GB, microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66 – X6815B, LTE band 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 17, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66 – X6815
- 5G: 5G band 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA/Sub6 – X6815, 5G band 1, 28, 38, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA/Sub6 – X6815B
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, HSPA 42.2/11.5 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE Cat7 300/150 Mbps
- 5G: –
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C (USB 2.0), USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (sided mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5000 nAh non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: up to 22 hours
- Standby Time: up to 27 days
- Fast Charging: Yes, 33W Fast Charging Capacity