HP 250 G5 is one of those laptops that are worthy of consideration by business users who are operating on a tight budget and in the market for a new machine. Supposedly ‘Powered for business,’ the notebook comes with latest Intel Core i Series processors, optional DDR4 RAM and Windows 10 Pro edition, amongst other features that will appeal to corporate users.
Where to Buy HP 250 G5
Build and Display
The HP 250 G5 laptop is built to handle the occasional knocks and bumps that it may be subjected to as you go about your regular business tasks. HP says the durable chassis that protects the 250 G5 was designed to look ‘as professional as you do.’
Like its predecessor, the HP 250 G4, the Windows laptop comes with a sizeable 15.6-inch diagonal WLED anti-glare display with an HD resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels. However, the HP 250 G5 also has an optional Full HD screen (1920 x 1080 pixels) for those who desire sharper images.
Power and Performance
HP 250 G5 can be configured to deliver the level of performance you desire or that fits the size of your wallet. You can get a unit with an Intel Celeron or Pentium processor. Latest generation Intel Core i series processors (up to Core i7) are also available for more robust performance if you are ready to up your budget. The HP 255 G5 runs on AMD chips.
The HP 250 G5 laptop supports up to 16 GB of DDR3 RAM depending on the model bought. Units with Core i3, i5 or i7 processor can be equipped with faster DDR4 memory.
You can choose between models with hard drive storage (capacity up to 1 TB) and zippy solid-state drive storage (up to 256GB capacity). HP also offers users a hybrid storage option of 1TB SSHD with 8GB NAND.
In addition to Windows 10 Pro operating system, some models of the HP 250 G5 may be sold with Windows 10 Home (64-bit) or FreeDOS 2.0. If for any reason you do not like Windows 10, the Pro version can be downgraded to Windows 7 Professional 64. Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0/4.2 are available for wireless connectivity. The 250 G5 is friendly with Miracast-certified devices.
Available interfaces include three USB ports (including one compliant with 3.0 standard), a VGA port and an HDMI v1.4b port. Trusted Platform Module (TPM) and HP Touchpoint Manager with Always On Remote Management ensure robust data security and management on the reasonably-priced laptop.
HP 250 G5 Pricing and Availability
The HP 250 G5 price in Nigeria starts at around 210,000 Naira, depending on your location and the configuration of the laptop. HP 250 G5 affordable laptops are available on Jumia Kenya, it is still being expected in Nigeria and Ghana.
Price in Ghana is expected to start at around GH₵ 1125. HP 250 G5 price in Kenya starts at 26,999 KSh.
HP 250 G5 Specs
Here are a few specs of the HP 250 G5 Notebook:
- OS: Windows 10, Windows 10 Pro, Windows 7 Professional (via downgrade rights), FreeDOS 2.0)
- Processor: Intel Celeron, Pentium, Core i3, Core i5, or Core i7 Processor
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics, AMD Radeon R5 M430 Discreet Graphics
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 4GB, 6GB, up to 8GB RAM
- Colours: Charcoal Black
- Dimension: 38.43 x 25.46 x 2.43 cm
- Weight: starting at 1.96 kg
Display & Keyboard
- Display: 15.6-inch back-lit LED Display, 1366 x 768 pixels or 1920 x 1080 pixels, anti-glare
- Keyboard: Full-sized keyboard with numeric keypad
- Pointing Device: Touchpad with multi-touch gestures enabled, taps enabled as default, support modern trackpad gestures
- Built-in Storage: 500GB, 750GB, 1TB hard drive, 128GB to 256GB SDD
- Optical Storage: DVD Writer (Optional)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
Ports & Connectivity
- Webcam: Yes, VGA Webcam
- USB 3.0: Yes, 1 port
- USB 2.0: Yes, 2 ports
- HDMI: Yes, 1 port
- VGA: Yes, 1 port
- Ethernet (RJ-45): Yes, 1 port
- SD Slot: Yes, 1 slot
- Mic/Headphone: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-Band, Miracast
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.2 (optional)
- HD audio with DTS Studio Sound
- 2 integrated stereo speakers
- Firmware TPM
- HP CoolSense
- Windows 10 Recovery Manager
- HP Communication Recovery Tool
- HP ePrint
- Battery: 4-cell, 41 WHr or 3-cell, 31 WHr Li-ion Battery
- Use Time: up to 8 hours, 30 minutes