The HP ProBook 455 G4 is a relatively new addition to HP’s ProBook range of business laptops; one of the most affordable in the range. Powered by an AMD APU, the notebook is built to draw in professionals and small business owners with its premium look and budget-friendly price, while also offering impressive data protection and ruggedness.
Where to Buy HP 455 G4
Build and Display
The HP ProBook 455 G4 is one laptop you should check out if you are not overly impressed by the design and build quality of cheaper offerings, such as the HP 250 G5 and 255 G5. It parades a more premium ‘asteroid silver design’ and a keyboard deck reinforced with aluminium.
The HP Probook 455 G4 notebook is built to take more beating having been designed to pass military-grade MIL-STD 810G testing. It comes with optional spill-resistant, backlit HP Premium keyboard. At about 2.1kg, one could say it is a bit on the heavy side.
Its LED-backlit screen measures 15.6 inches diagonally and has standard HD resolution of 1,366 x 768 pixels. The anti-glare display is also available in Full HD (1,920 x 1,080 pixels) option. You will get the display in touch or non-touch variants.
HP ProBook 455 G4 will not be offering you Intel chips, instead AMD top of the line ASeries APUs is provided. HP was right by describing it as providing ‘affordable performance.’ This is probably because the HP ProBook 455 G4 will be offering you cost-effective AMD APUs.
Units come with AMD A10-9600P APU, AMD A9-9410 APU or AMD A6-9210 APU, all of which are clocked at 1.8 GHz. The processors are integrated with Radeon R5 graphics or Radeon R4 graphics.
Standard memory is 4 GB, upgradeable to 16 GB. The HP ProBook 455 G4 should still deliver responsive performance considering this is DDR4 RAM.
Buyers will be able to choose between hard drive (with capacity of up to 2 TB) and solid-state drive of 128 GB capacity for storage. Out of the box, the HP ProBook 455 G4 laptop runs Windows 10 operating system or FreeDOS 2.0.
Ports and interfaces include one USB Type-C port, one USB 3.0 port, two USB 2.0 ports, an HDMI 1.4 port, a VGA port and combo media card reader.
The HP ProBook 455 G4 offers a Skype-ready HD webcam and numerous business-focused features, including HP BIOSphere, TPM 2.0, HP Touchpoint and optional fingerprint reader.
Pricing and availability
HP ProBook 455 G4 affordable laptops are available on Jumia Kenya, it is still being expected in Nigeria and Ghana. The HP ProBook 455 G4 price in Nigeria is expected to start at around 150,000 Naira, depending on your location and the configuration of the laptop.
Price in Ghana is expected to start at around GH₵ 1875. HP ProBook 455 G4 price in Kenya starts at 50,000 KSh.
HP ProBook 455 G4 Specs
Here are a few specs of the HP ProBook 455 G4 Notebook:
- OS: Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro, or FreeDOS 2.0)
- Processor: 7th Generation AMD A10 APU, AMD A9 APU, AMD A6 APU
- GPU: AMD Radeon R5, AMD Radeon R4, NVIDIA® GeForce 930MX Discreet Graphics
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 8GB, 12GB, up to 16GB RAM
- Colours: Asteroid Silver
- Dimension: 38.20 x 26.30 x 2.44 cm (non-touch), 38.22 x 26.35 x 2.61 cm (touch)
- Weight: starting at 2.08 kg
Display & Keyboard
- Display: 15.6-inch back-lit LED Display, 1366 x 768 pixels or 1920 x 1080 pixels, anti-glare
- Keyboard: Full-sized keyboard with numeric keypad (Spill Resistant)
- Pointing Device: Clickpad with mutitouch gestures, taps enabled as default, 3 finger flick
- Built-in Storage: 500GB, 750GB, 1TB 5400 rpm hard drive, 500GB 7200 rpm hard drive, 128GB SDD
- Optical Storage: DVD Writer (Optional)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
Ports & Connectivity
- Webcam: Yes, 720p HD Webcam
- USB 3.0: Yes, 2 port (1 standard port and 1 USB Type C port)
- USB 2.0: Yes, 2 ports
- HDMI: No
- VGA: Yes, 1 port
- Ethernet (RJ-45): Yes, 1 port
- SD Slot: Yes, 1 slot
- Mic/Headphone: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-Band, Miracast
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.2 (optional)
- Integrated Stereo Speakers
- TPM 2.0
- HP Fingerprint Reader
- HP Security Manager
- Windows 10 Recovery Manager
- HP CoolSense
- HP ePrint
- Battery: 3-cell, 48 WHr Li-ion Battery
- Use Time: up to 10 hours, 15 minutes