DJI Mavic Pro is a portable quadcopter that is convenient to carry around. Despite being small the drone offers performance that matches larger UAVs like the DJI Phantom 4. The DJI Mavic Pro has a range of up to 7km at top speed of up to 65km/hr with a flight time of up to 27 minutes.
DJI Mavic Pro Quadcopter Specs & Features
- 2.4GHz Remote Control Drone
- up to 27 minutes Flight Time
- Cinematic 4K, 4K, 1080p HD, 720p HD Video
- 12MP Camera with 78.8° FOV
- Foldable Design
- 65km/hr Top Speed
- 5000 metres Altitude
- 16GB Storage with up to 64GB support
DJI Mavic Pro offers a compact design. It is about half the weight of the DJI Phantom 4 Pro and just a fraction of the size. To make it even more convenient to carry around, the arms holding the rotors can be folded to the sides.
You can fold each rotor blade in half for easy packing. When folded, the DJI Mavic Pro can fit into a pocket measuring a compact 83 x 83 x 198 mm. The 743g weight, which is lighter than two iPad Air 2 stacked together, is reasonably comfortable to carry.
DJI Mavic Pro has a 12 megapixels camera attached to a 3-axis gimbal from the bottom. The camera can record 4K videos at 30 frames per second. The camera offers similar movements as the Phantom 4 Pro. It can pitch 30 degrees up and 90 degrees down from the rest position as well as roll and yaw.
The DJI Mavic Pro quadcopter comes with a remote that offers a display. You get telemetry information on the display like altitude, distance and direction. If you want to watch live video footage while the drone flies, you will need to connect your smartphone to the remote.
For obstacle avoidance, the DJI Mavic Pro has four optical vision sensors. Two each on the bottom and front. The sensors enable the quadcopter detect obstacles and avoid collisions.
Flying the Drone
DJI Mavic Pro has a maximum flight time of 27 minutes. The drone has a top speed of 65km per hour at a maximum altitude of 5000 metres. You can fly the quadcopter with either the remote or a smartphone with the DJI Go App installed.
Flying with the remote gives you more range and control than with a smartphone and the app. You can navigate the drone from a distance of up to 70km with the remote. However, with a smartphone you can only manage a range of about 80 metres.
However, the best configuration is to connect the DJI Mavic Pro remote to your smartphone. This will enable you get the range and precision of the remote as well as live video footage from the smartphone display.
DJI is also offering a headset, the DJI Googles, which you can wear when flying the quadcopter for a more immersive experience.
DJI Mavic Pro supports the usual flight modes including gesture control and autonomous flight. The DJI Mavic Pro can also follow you around taking aerial footage of your activities.
Pricing and availability
DJI Mavic Pro is available and costs $999. You can buy it for $1,325 on Gearbest or £1,299 on Amazon UK. We have no information on pricing and availability for Nigeria, Ghana, or Kenya.
DJI Mavic Pro RC Drone Specs
Here are a few specs of the DJI Mavic Pro RC quadcopter:
- Description: Foldable FPV 4K Quadcopter Drone
- Platform Support: DJI Go 4 Mobile App for Android and iOS
- Colours: Dark Gray
- Processor: –
- Memory: –
- Storage: 16GB added, supports up to 64GB memory card
- Motor Type: Brushless Motor
- Dimension: 83 x 83 x 198 mm (folded)
- Weight: 734 g
- Resolution: 12MP, f/2.2, 1/2.3-inch CMOS Sensor
- Video Recording: 720p HD, 1080p Full HD, 4K 2160p ultra HD, Cinematic 4K Video (4096 × 2160)
- EV Range: –
- Camera Angle Adjustment: -90° to 30° (Pitch with ±0.01° Angle Control)
- FPV: Yes (720p HD or 1080p HD), real-time footage (160 to 170ms delay)
- Shooting Time Delay: 160 to 170ms
- Field of Vision: 78.8°
- Features: 100-3200 ISO (Video), 100-1600 ISO (Photo)
- Sensors: Vision Sensors, 6 Axis Gyroscope
- Satellite Navigation: GPS, GLONASS
- Flight Time: up to 27 minutes
- Maximum Altitude: 5000m
- Controller: 2.4 GHz to 2.483 (included controller) GHz or Wi-Fi 2.4GHz/5GHz (with phone/tablet)
- Functions: Camera,Face recognition,Forward/backward,FPV,Height Holding,Hot Point Following,Hover,One Key Automatic Return,Sense and Avoid,Sideward flight,Sport Mode,Tap to Fly,Turn left/right,Up/down,Visual Tracking,Waypoints,With light, Night Flight
- Battery: 3830 mAh, 43.6 Wh Li-Po 3S Rechargeable Battery
- Charging Time: –