GeniusIdea Follow is a Wi-Fi remote controlled drone designed to follow you around and take aerial 4k photography or filming of the activities around you. It is a portable quadcopter drone for taking selfies. The drone among other features is great for aerial selfies with friends. The GeniusIdea Follow drone also supports flight path planning, face recognition and filming around a point of interest.
Where to Buy GeniusIdea Follow Drone
GeniusIdea Follow Drone Specs & Features
- Wi-Fi Remote Control Drone
- 20 minutes Flight Time
- 4K, 1080p HD, 720p HD Video
- 13MP Camera with 117° FOV
- Wi-Fi FPV via Android or iOS
- 3000 metres Altitude
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 with 2GB RAM
- 16GB Storage with up to 64GB support
The GeniusIdea Follow drone comes with a simple quadcopter design. You have the central body that houses the electronics. The body is not a flat box, it is aerodynamically designed to reduce air resistance.
You have the four arms that hold the propeller blades for propelling the drone in the air. The camera is located in the front of the drone with a field of vision of 117°.
The Camera & Storage
The GeniusIdea Follow drone has a 13 megapixels camera on the front. The camera is built on the Sony IMX214 sensor. The camera can record 4K videos at 30 frames per second. However, the drone can only record 4K videos to internal storage.
You can only access real-time image and videos in 720p HD quality. You will have to access the drone’s internal storage to watch the video in 4K ultra HD quality. The camera has 117° FOV and electronic image stabilisation.
The camera angle is even adjustable. It can rotate to 0°, -25°, -50°, or -90°.
GeniusIdea Follow drone has a 16GB built-in storage. You can add an extra 64GB storage capacity via a microSD memory card.
Flying the Drone
The GeniusIdea Follow drone is built with the major aim of following you around and taking selfies. The drone has a face detection feature that enables it detect faces in a shot, so as to make a better camera composition.
The GeniusIdea Follow drone has a 20 minutes flying time and use visual tracking to follow you as you move around. With the Circle Flight feature, the drone can keep circling around a given area. You can also create a flight path for the quadcopter. You can use a gesture to tell it its time to take a selfie.
To make flying seamless, the GeniusIdea Follow drone features GPS and GLONASS for navigation. You also get an optical flow sensor and a sonar positioning system for even more precision. The quadcopter also adds a six-axis gyroscope and a digital compass.
GeniusIdea Follow drone can land and take off with just one touch. The drone can also start returning to base when battery runs low. The quadcopter has a maximum altitude of 3000 metres.
Hardware and Software
The GeniusIdea Follow RC Selfie drone is powered by the 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 with 2GB of RAM. It supports dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4/5GHz). The drone uses Wi-Fi for control. You will need to download the G-Idea App, which is available for Android and iOS.
The App enables you control the drone with your Android device over Wi-Fi. You can control the FPV quadcopter from about 100m. The drone features four brushless motors with propellers. You get four spare propellers in the box.
GeniusIdea Follow drone has two 2500 mAh type 18650 Li-ion rechargeable battery. The battery offers about 20 minutes of flight time and takes up to 4 hours to charge.
Pricing and availability
The GeniusIdea Follow RC Selfie drone is available on Amazon website for a price of $299.99. Gearbest has the drone on presale for $399. There seems not to be an official website for the GeniusIdea Follow drone, so you have to visit merchants like Amazon for more information about the drone.
Amazon is also a good place to read GeniusIdea Follow drone reviews.
GeniusIdea Follow RC Drone Specs
Here are a few specs of the GeniusIdea Follow RC Selfie drone:
- Description: WiFi FPV 4K Quadcopter Drone
- Platform Support: Android 4.3 or later, iOS 8.0 or later
- Colours: Yellow
- Processor: 2.3GHz quad-core Processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801)
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB built-in, supports up to 64GB memory card
- Motor Type: Brushless Motor
- Dimension: 16 x 16 x 5 cm
- Weight: 273 g
- Resolution: 13MP, f/2.2
- Video Recording: 720p HD, 1080p Full HD, 4K 2160p ultra HD
- EV Range: -12;-8;-4;4;8;12
- Camera Angle Adjustment: 0°/-20°/-45°/-90°
- FPV: Yes (720p HD), real-time footage
- Shooting Time Delay: up to 160ms (for real-time footage)
- Field of Vision: 117°
- Features: 100-3200 ISO, EIS,
- Sensors: Optical Flow, Sonar, 6 Axis Gyroscope, Digital Compass
- Satellite Navigation: GPS, GLONASS
- Flight Time: up to 20 minutes
- Maximum Altitude: 3000m
- Controller: Wi-Fi (2.4GHz/5GHz, 4 channels)
- Functions: Automatic Return, Camera, Emergency Landing, Face recognition, Forward/backward, FPV, GPS Altitude Hold, Gravity Sense Control, Hand Launching, Hot Point Following, Hover, One Key Landing, One Key Taking Off, Panorama Shot, Point of Interest, Selfie, Sideward flight, Turn left/right, Up/down, Waypoints
- Battery: two 2500 mAh type 18650 Li-ion Rechargeable Battery
- Charging Time: 3 to 4 hours