DJI Inspire 2 is the most advanced drone from DJI. Unlike the DJI Phantom 4 Pro and the DJI Mavic Pro targeted on the average consumer, this is more of a commercial drone targeted at professional film makers. The DJI Inspire 2 has a range of up to 7km at top speed of up to 94km/hr with a maximum flight time of up to 27 minutes.
Where to Buy DJI Inspire 2
Amazon UK – See Offers
DJI Inspire 2 Quadcopter Specs & Features
- 2.4GHz/5.7GHz Remote Control Drone
- up to 27 minutes Flight Time
- 5.2K (@30fps), 4K (@60fps), 1080p HD, 720p HD Video
- Two Cameras
- Suports Zenmuse X5S or Zenmuse X4S
- 94km/hr Top Speed
- 5000 metres Altitude
- One/Two Person Flight
DJI Inspire 2 has a body made of a tough and light Magnesium-Aluminium alloy. DJI Inspire 2 drone is a quadcopter with two T-shaped arms. The base of each T is attached to the body with the other two ends holding two rotors. The arms are largely made of micro-fiber, contributing to its light weight.
Unlike DJI’s other drones like the DJI Phantom 4 Pro, the DJI Inspire 2 features two cameras. The main camera sits under the body attached to a 3-axis gimbal. The camera can rotate 360 degrees to capture in all directions.
The second camera on the DJI Inspire 2 is located in front. Two camera setup makes it possible for two people to operate the drone. While one person controls the drone using footage from the front camera, the other controls the main camera in order to achieve the best production.
You can buy the DJI Inspire 2 with either the Zenmuse X4S or Zenmuse X5S as the main camera. To satisfy the image processing needs of the commercial drone crowd, the DJI Inspire 2 comes with the new CineCore 2.0 that boasts of being able to capture 5.2K videos (30 fps) at an amazing 4.2Gbps. It can also record 4K videos at 60 frames per second. The drone supports video recording in formats like CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes.
To detect obstacles and avoid collisions, the DJI Inspire 2 features vision sensors on the front and bottom with infrared sensors on top. The drone offers the computer vision system that was introduced in the DJI Phantom 4.
Flying the Drone
The DJI Inspire 2 can be flown by one or two persons. In two persons flight, one person (you can call him the pilot) accesses the footage from the front camera using FPV and controls the drone movement and navigation. This allows the second person to focus on just controlling the main camera in order to get a perfect footage of the action.
DJI Inspire 2 comes with a pair of 98Wh batteries in a dual-battery design that creates redundancy and increases reliability. The drone has a maximum flight time of 27 minutes with a top speed of 94km per hour. It can operate at a maximum altitude of 5000 metres above sea level.
DJI Inspire 2 supports broadcast mode that allows broadcasters to broadcast live using the drone. The drone supports a lot of intelligent flight modes that enables you sit back and allow the drone fly and shoot autonomously.
Pricing and availability
DJI Inspire 2 is available and costs $2999. You can buy it for £3,058.99 (without main camera) on Amazon UK. The camera adds another £800 to the price. We have no information on pricing and availability for Nigeria, Ghana, or Kenya.
DJI Inspire 2 RC Drone Specs
Here are a few specs of the DJI Inspire 2 RC quadcopter:
- Description: FPV 5.2K/4K Quadcopter Drone
- Platform Support: DJI Go 4 Mobile App for Android and iOS
- Colours: Dark Gray
- Processor: CineCore 2.0 (Image Processor)
- Memory: –
- Storage: –
- Motor Type: Brushless Motor
- Dimension: –
- Weight: 3440 g (without gimbal and camera)
- Resolution: Two Camera options for Main Camera (20.8MP Zenmuse X5S or 20MP Zenmuse X4S)
- Video Recording: 5.2K Video (Zenmuse X5S), 720p HD, 1080p Full HD, 4K 2160p ultra HD Video
- EV Range: –
- Camera Angle Adjustment: -130° to 40° (Pitch with ±0.01° Angle Control), Pan: ±330°, Roll: +90° to +30°
- FPV: Yes (720p HD or 1080p HD), real-time footage
- Shooting Time Delay: –
- Field of Vision: 84° (Zenmuse X4S), 72°
- Features: 100-6400 ISO (Video), 100-25600 ISO (Photo for Zenmuse X5S), 100-12800 ISO (Photo for Zenmuse X4S)
- Sensors: Vision Sensors, 6 Axis Gyroscope
- Satellite Navigation: GPS
- Flight Time: up to 27 minutes
- Maximum Altitude: 5000m
- Controller: 2.4-2.483GHz/5.725-5.850 GHz (included controller) GHz or Wi-Fi 2.4GHz/5GHz (with phone/tablet)
- Functions: Camera,Face recognition,Forward/backward,FPV,Height Holding,Hot Point Following,Hover,One Key Automatic Return,Sense and Avoid,Sideward flight,Sport Mode,Tap to Fly,Turn left/right,Up/down,Visual Tracking,Waypoints,With light, Night Flight
- Battery: 4280 mAh, 98 Wh Li-Po 6S Rechargeable Battery
- Charging Time: –