The Lenovo Z5s is mid-range smartphone occupying the top class of this category. Lenovo is a popular Chinese firm that is into making various devices ranging from laptops to smartphones. It comes with quite powerful innards and a fashionable look carrying the water drop notch display.
Where to Buy Lenovo Z5s
Lenovo Z5s joins the likes of Samsung Galaxy A7 with a triple camera at the rear side and also has a nice front cam too. Let’s see if you will be getting your money’s worth on the smartphone.
Lenovo Z5s Key Specs and Features
- 6.3-inch, IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 CPU
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage, up to 256GB Memory Card
- 16MP + 8MP + 5MP Triple Rear Camera
- 16MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint scanner (Rear)
- 3,000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Ion Battery
Design and Display
The Lenovo Z5s has one of those recent catchy reflective design with a Huawei P20 Pro kind of camera arrangement. You’ve got the sides overlapping a bit clasping the back panel in a way and measures just 7.9mm in thickness.
There are few options to choose from either Starry Night Grey, Love Orange or Titanium Blue finish. Overall, the smartphone has a compact build and sturdiness that makes it a durable mobile device.
In a similar way to high-end smartphones, the Lenovo Z5s has a pleasant looking, almost side to side screen. There is an ever so slight bezel in the way of the display, a very much acceptable sight with its relatively thin size.
The LTPS LCD itself has a water-drop notch on top and a size of 6.3-inch with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels lined up on it.
Battery and Camera
Inside the good looking smartphone lie a battery capacity that should cater for the day’s power. Still, it is average with respect to other smartphones in its league.
Marked with a 3, 000mAh capacity, the Li-Ion battery comes tied with other nice features like fast charging and a USB Type-C power port.
Touting a remarkable three rear cameras, the Lenovo Z5s is by no means the best but does a pretty good job of capturing good pictures.
There is the 16MP sensor at the front water drop notch which does a good job with selfies. Lenovo puts together a 16MP main camera, an 8MP telephoto sensor and a 5MP depth sensor.at the rear of the smartphone.
Hardware and Software
Lenovo goes all the way up in the midrange tier to fish for the SoC on this smartphone. Carrying the Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 processor with 8 cores clocking at 2.2GHz and a well-grounded Adreno 616 GPU that cares for graphics.
You can pick the smartphone up with either 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage or 6GB RAM with 128 storage space. Both smartphones can be expanded to 256GB with a memory card. There is the latest Android 9.0 Pie OS giving you an up to date experience.
Lenovo Z5s Price and Availability
The Lenovo Z5s price in Nigeria starts at around 57,000 Naira. Price starts at around $115 at global online stores.
Lenovo Z5s Specs
Here are a few specs of the Lenovo Z5s:
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 710
- GPU: Adreno 616
- Memory: 4GB/6GB RAM
- Colours: Starry Night Grey, Love Orange, Titanium Blue
- Dimension: 156.7 x 74.5 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 172g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.3-inch, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 pixels (409 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- Rear Camera: Triple 16MP + 8MP +5MP camera, 1080p [email protected]
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama
- Front Camera: 16MP camera, 720p [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB/128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 256GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE-A (2CA) Cat 6 300/50Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, wi-fi direct, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0 with A2DP LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Video Player: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (rear)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3,300 mAh Non Removable Li-Ion Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes