Samsung Galaxy A50s is more or less like the Galaxy A50, but with an upgraded front and rear cameras. Samsung launches varieties of Galaxy phones each year. We have seen the Galaxy A50 and now a slight upgrade in the Samsung Galaxy A50s.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy A50s
Samsung Galaxy A50s Key Specs & Features
- 6.4 inch Super AMOLED Infinity-U Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (403)
- Exynos 9610 Octa-core Processor (2.3GHz quad-core Cortex-A73 & 1.7GHz quad-core Cortex-A53)
- Android 9 Pie
- 48MP + 8MP + 5 MP Triple Rear Camera
- 32MP Front Camera
- 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage, up to 512GB Memory Card
- Under Screen Fingerprint Sensor
- 4000 mAh Li-Po Battery
- Fast Charging (15W Capacity)
Design and Display
Samsung Galaxy A50s comes with a 6.4-inch display that offers a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. The art movement bezel-less show provides wide viewing angles.
The Super AMOLED infinity-U display has a U-cutout on the top-end of the display that holds the 32 megapixels selfie camera.
Samsung Galaxy A50s is available in Prism Crush Black, Prism Crush White, Prism Crush Green, and Prism Crush Violet2 and features a fingerprint sensor under the screen.
Camera and Connectivity
For photography, the Samsung Galaxy A50s comes with a triple camera setup on the back like the Galaxy A80. You get a 48 megapixels wide-angle camera as your main camera.
The camera features phase detection autofocus and an f/2.0 aperture. Completing the triple camera setup are an 8 megapixels ultrawide angle camera and a 5 megapixels camera.
The 32 megapixels front camera leaves fully no area for disappointments because it offers users some nice selfies. You can record 1080p videos with the front camera and up to 4k videos with the rear camera.
The handset supports a 2G, 3G, and 4G connectivity options. It features standard connectivity specs like Wi-Fi, Hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, and GPS.
Battery and Performance
Onboard is a powerful 4000 mAh Li-Po battery which is equipped with 25W quick charging capacity.
Coming to the storage, the Samsung Galaxy A50s sports 64GB or 128GB internal storage, but the real deal is the expandable storage of up to 512GB.
The performance of the device is driven by an octa-core processor (2.3GHz quad-core and 1.7GHz quad-core) engineered upon a Samsung Exynos 9 Octa 9610 chipset.
The performance you get will depend on whether you pick the 4GB RAM option (with 64GB storage) or the 6GB RAM option (with 128GB storage).
The device should handle multitasking and gaming elegantly.
Samsung Galaxy A50s Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy A50s price in Nigeria starts at around 95,000 Naira. The smartphones sells for around $250 on Amazon US. It will be available at leading online stores and retail outlets.
Samsung Galaxy A50s Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy A50s
- Platform: Android 9 Pie
- Processor: Exynos 9610 Octa-core (2.3 GHz quad-core Cortex-A73 & 1.7 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Memory: 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM
- Colours: Prism Crush Black, Prism Crush White, Prism Crush Green, Prism Crush Violet
- Dimension: 158.5 x 74.5 x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 169 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.4 inch Super AMOLED infinity-U Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (403 ppi), 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio,
- Screen Protection:
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (wide) + 8MP (ultrawide) + 5MP (depth) Camera, [email protected] Videos, [email protected] Videos
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, Panorama, HDR, PDAF
- Front Camera: 32MP Camera, [email protected] Video
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 512GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage:
- 2G GSM: Yes GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol:
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- Heart Rate Monitor:
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
- Iris Scanner: Yes
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Samsung Pay
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: No
- Video Editor: No
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4000 mAh Li-Po Non Removable Battery
- Talktime: up to 32 hours
- Standby Time: up to 118 hours
- Fast Charging: Yes, 15W Fast Charging Capacity