The Oppo Reno2 is part of the upper mid-range smartphone that was announced by the Chinese company. The handset comes with an attractive body design, great camera set-up, and a capable processor and specifications. It has a good battery as well which is one the phone top selling point.
Oppo Reno2 Key Specs & Features
- 6.5 inch AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (401 ppi), 20:9 aspect ratio
- Android 9.0 Pie, ColorOS 6.1
- Octa-core Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730G
- 8GB RAM
- 48 MP + 8 MP + 13 MP + 2 MP Rear Camera
- 16 MP Motorized Popup Front Camera
- 128GB / 256GB inbuilt Storage, up to 256GB memory card
- Fingerprint Scanner (Under Display)
- 4G LTE Network
- 4000 mAh Non-Removable Battery
Design and Display
Noticeable at a glance is the shark-fin like pop-up front camera which we have been seeing lately on Oppo flagship devices. The Oppo Reno2 is built to be premium. The handset features the combination of glass and aluminum frame.
The smooth panel is blessed with a four-camera set-up just like the Oppo A9 (2020).
It has an under-display fingerprint scanner for security. The phone measures 160 x 74.3 x 9.5 mm in dimensions and weight 189 grams.
The Oppo Reno2 offers a large screen display size of 6.5 inches with AMOLED capacitive touchscreen. The screen has an impressive resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels with a tall 20:9 ratio and 401 PPI density for clear visuals.
There’s display protection of corning gorilla glass 6 and it reaches up to 87.5% screen-to-body ratio. The back is covered in Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
The camera set-up on this device is five. You will get a four rear cameras that comprises a 48 megapixels wide angle main camera with an additional 13 megapixels telephoto lens, another 8 megapixels ultrawide camera and lastly is 2 megapixels.
It features Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama and can record 4K video with the main shooter. The 16MP wide angle front camera has a motorized pop-up mechanism. The selfie camera is paired with an LED flash, HDR and can shoot [email protected] video quality.
Hardware and Software
Under the hood is a Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730G SOC based on 8 nm process technology with an octa-core processor that clocked at 2.2 GHz. It has Adreno 618 GPU for graphics and gaming.
Booting the phone is an Android 9.0 Pie operating system with ColorOS 6.1 user interface on top. The Oppo Reno2 has an internal storage of 256GB with an ample RAM of 8GB. The memory is still expandable via a micro SD card up to 256GB.
Battery and Network
The Oppo Reno2 has a non-removable battery capacity of 4000 mAh with support for Fast battery charging 20W. The juicer makes use of VOOC Flash Charge 3.0 and its promise to last a full day under normal usage.
It has a dual SIM with 4G LTE Network for fast browsing. The smartphone has other connectivity options such as WiFi, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth, FM radio, A-GPS for tracking of location and Type-C 1.0 reversible connector with USB On-The-Go.
Oppo Reno2 Price and Availability
Oppo Reno2 price in Nigeria starts at 179,900 Naira for the model with 256GB built-in storage. It will be launched in Nigeria on November 18, 2019.
Oppo Reno2 will cost $458 which roughly converts to 165,000 Naira. In Ghana, it will sell for 2,500 GHS, while in Kenya, it will cost 47,600 KES. It will ship in Luminous Black, Ocean Blue, and Sunset Pink.
Oppo Reno2 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Oppo Reno2:
- Platform: Android 9.0 (Pie); ColorOS 6.1
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730G (8 nm), Octa-core (2.2 GHz dual-core Kryo 470 Gold & 1.8 GHz hexa-core Kryo 470 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Luminous Black, Ocean Blue, Sunset Pink
- Dimension: 160 x 74.3 x 9.5 mm
- Weight: 189g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.5 inch AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (401 ppi), 20:9 aspect ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes, Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultra wide) + 13 MP (telephoto) + 2 MP Camera, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps Video
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, Panorama, OIS, PDAF,
- Front Camera: 16MP Motorized pop-up Camera, LED Flash,[email protected] Video
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 256GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 32(1500), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under display)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4000 mAh Non-Removable Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 20W Fast Battery Charging (VOOC Flash Charge 3.0)