The Oppo Reno 5 4G comes in as the non-5G sibling of the earlier released Oppo Reno 5 5G. Aside from not featuring 5G connectivity, there is also a drop in the performance hardware configuration as we move from the former to the latter. This package sums up to a more affordable option.
Oppo Reno 5 4G Key Specs and Features
- 6.43-inch OLED, 1080 x 2400 pixels (409 PPI), 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G (7 nm)
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 44MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under display, Optical)
- Fast Charging (50W Capacity)
- 4310mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Oppo Reno 5 4G design, comes in as an exact replica of its 5G sibling. Telling both Android smartphones apart would be difficult, except you are knowledgeable about the difference in their colour variant.
The colour variants available here include Black and silver, while on the Reno 5 5G we have a trio option that consists of Aurora Blue, Moonlight Black, Starry Dream.
Perusing the chassis design setup we find a square camera module that houses four cameras, an LED flash, and brief writeup info. Also on the rear, is the Oppo branding, which indicates it’s an Oppo smartphone.
Upfront, we have a 6.43-inch display, which is pretty much the same as what we have on its 5G sibling, the difference here is its density which slightly dropped from 410 PPI on its 5G sibling to being 409 PPI here. This display has a resolution of 1080 x 2400, a 90Hz refresh rate.
The Cameras are pretty much the same as what is featured on its 5G sibling, except for the selfie camera, which got a bump here. It moved from being 32MP on its 5G sibling to being 44MP on here with an aperture of f/2.4.
The rear camera setup bears the exact same cameras as its 5G counterpart. This setup comprises of a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.7, an 8MP ultrawide camera with a 119˚ field of view, and an aperture of f/2.2.
The other members of the series include a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4. This rear camera setup is capable of shooting videos up to 4k @ 30fps. Please consult the spec sheet for info on the other video record modes.
Hardware and Software
The Oppo Reno 4 5G ditches the Snapdragon 765 on its 5G sibling and replaces it with the 720G processor, which is lower.
The RAM variants have been pegged to just 8GB, ditching the 12GB variant on its 5G sibling. There is also a slight reduction in battery capacity, moving from 4300mAh to 4310mAh on here.
Enthusiasts will also be served with 50W SuperVOOC charging as opposed to the 65W SuperVOOC sibling on its more premium sibling.
On the software side, we got the ColorOS 11.1 running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Oppo Reno 5 5G features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port, low-energy Bluetooth 5.1, WiFi.
Internet connectivity on here is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t get access to 5G connectivity.
Oppo Reno 5 4G Price and Availability
The price of the Oppo Reno 4 5G starts around $375 which translates to about 148,571 in Naira, 41,400 KHS in Kenya.
The Oppo Reno 4 5G was announced on December 31st, 2020, and was released for purchase on the 9th of January 2021.
Oppo Reno 5 4G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Oppo Reno 5 4G:
- Platform: Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Processor: Qualcomm SM7125 Snapdragon 720G (8nm) (Octa-core, 2.3 GHz dual-core Kryo 465 Gold & 1.8 GHz hexa-core Kryo 465 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- Memory: 8GB
- Colours: Black, Silver
- Dimension: 159.1 x 73.3 x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 171 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.43-inch AMOLED 1080 x 2400 Pixels, 20:9 Ratio, 409 PPI
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: –
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.7 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2, 119˚ FOV + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps; gyro-EIS, HDR
- Front Camera: 44 MP Camera, f/2.4, [email protected]/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Built-in Storage: 8GB RAM
- Memory Card Support: Yes (microSDXC)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: –
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- Maps: Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Under display, optical
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Google Assistant
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4310mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 30W Capacity (SuperVOOC)