The Oppo Reno 5 5G comes in as the successor of the Oppo Reno 4 5G. It bears a package very similar to what was offered on its predecessor. It bears the same upper midrange processor, the display and lots more. This whole package is also embedded in a chassis that bears a reminiscing design. However, the Reno 5 5G offers a slightly higher battery capacity and extra camera and lots more.
Oppo Reno 5 5G Key Specs and Features
- 6.43-inch OLED, 1080 x 2400 pixels (410 PPI)
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 (7 nm)
- 8GB RAM / 12GB
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 32MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under display)
- Fast Charging (65W Capacity)
- 4300mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
As mentioned in the introductory paragraph, the Oppo Reno 5 5G design is a reminiscence of the design we saw on its predecessor.
The colour variants are probably the only way you might be able to tell the difference between both smartphones aesthetically.
Here we have three colour variants which include Aurora Blue, Moonlight Black, Starry Dream.
On the rear of the Oppo Reno 5 5G, you will find four cameras and an LED flash encased in a camera module. Here you will also find the Oppo brand text, that indicates its an Oppo smartphone.
Moving upfront, you will find a 6.43-inch OLED display housing a punch hole camera. This display has a resolution of 1080 x 2400, a density of 410 PPI and a 90Hz refresh rate.
The camera department on the Oppo Reno 5 5G isn’t really far fetched from what we had on it’s predecessor. The difference here is the added macro camera on the rear, which means we now have a quad camera setup on the rear.
The quad camera department on the rear comprises of a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.7, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2, a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4.
For selfies, we have got a 32MP single camera with an aperture of f/2.4. This camera is instilled in the punch hole on the display.
Hardware and Software
The performance hardware on the Oppo Reno 5 5G is also a reminiscence of what we got on its predecessor. Its basically the same upper mid-range setup.
Performance on here is championed by an octa-core Qualcomm snapdragon 765 processor, 8GB or 12GB or RAM options for either 128GB or 256GB of internal storage and a non-removable 4300mAh battery, which is by 300mAh bigger than the battery on the Reno 5 5G.
On the software side, the Oppo Reno 5 5G runs the ColorOS 11.1 user interface ontop of the Android 11 operating system.
The Oppo Reno 5 5G features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port, low-energy Bluetooth 5.1, Dual-band WiFi.
Internet connectivity on here is capped at 5G, which means enthusiasts will be able to utilize 5G connectivity for downloads, streaming and uploads.
Oppo Reno 5 5G Price and Availability
The price of the Oppo Reno 5 5G starts at around $412 for the base 8GB / 128GB varaint, which translates to 156,560 in Naira, 45,976 KSH in Kenya and 2,422 GHS in Ghana.
The Oppo Reno 5 5G was announced on the 10th of December 2020 and is expected to go on sale on January 2021.
Oppo Reno 5 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Oppo Reno 5 5G
- Platform: Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- Memory: 8GB RAM / 12GB RAM
- Colours: Aurora Blue, Moonlight Black, Starry Dream
- Dimension: 159.1 x 73.4 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 172 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.43-inch AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 Ratio, 409 PPI
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) f/1.7 + 13MP (Telephoto) f/2.4 + 12MP (Ultrawide) f/2.4, 120˚ + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps; gyro-EIS, OIS, HDR, gyro-EIS, HDR
- Front Camera: 32MP, f/2.4, [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 210
- 3G WCDMA: –
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 1, 3, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: yes, USB Type-C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (Under display)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes, Google Assistant
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4300 mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: SuperVOOC 2.0 65W