The Blackview BV9800 is a premium and rugged device from a Chinese company. The handset parades an impressive camera set-up with generous inbuilt storage and ample RAM as well. Blackview BV9800 sports a 6.3-inch display and triple rear camera.
Another major highlight of the phone is the monster battery capacity on the inside which promises to last a full day when fully charged. It’s a nice Android phone that has both dust and water-resistant.
Blackview BV9800 Key Specs & Features
- 6.3 inch Touchscreen, 1080 x 2280 pixels (400 ppi)
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio P70
- 6GB RAM and 128GB inbuilt storage
- 48 MP + 16 MP + 5 MP Triple Rear Camera
- 16 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear)
- 4G LTE Network
- 6580 mAh Non-Removable Battery
- Dust and Water Resistant
- Military Grade Ruggedness (MIL-STD-810G)
Design and Display
The Blackview BV9800 is built with premium material. The handset features the combination of Metal, Polycarbonate, TPU with body protection. The panel is where you find the camera, an LED flash and also a fingerprint scanner.
It has an IP68 rating meaning it’s safe from water and dust. On the front, you will be greeted with a punch hole that hosts the front camera and small bezels that is almost invisible.
The phone has a large screen display of 6.3 inches with an IPS Capacitive touchscreen. The screen has a resolution of 1080 x 2280 Pixels and 400 PPI density.
There’s display protection of corning gorilla glass 3 against scratches and crack.
For photography, the Blackview BV9800 is equipped with triple rear cameras that consist of 48 Megapixels + 16 Megapixels + 5 Megapixels. The camera features F1.75 Aperture with a dual-LED flash and it’s capable of shooting 1080p videos at 30 seconds per frame.
Upfront is a selfies snapper of 16MP with Face Recognition, F2.0 Aperture, Samsung S5K3P8 ISOCELL Sensor, Pixel size – 1.0 µm, 5-element lens, and sensor size – 1/3.1″ for good selfies and video calling.
Hardware and Software
Beneath the handset is a MediaTek Helio P70 SOC based on 10nm process technology. The octa-core processor on the inside is clocking at a speed of 2.1 GHz.
Meanwhile, the ARM Mali G72 MP3 GPU will ensure good graphics on the phone especially when gaming. The 6GB RAM backup on the device will offer smooth performance.
The Blackview BV9800 has an internal storage of 128GB which is still expandable via micro SD card up to 256GB. Powering the whole system is an Android 9.0 Pie operating system out of the box with the device customized user interface on top.
Battery and Network
The Blackview BV9800 has a monster battery capacity of 6580 mAh. The juicer has support for both fast and wireless charging technology.
It also promises to last up to 108 hours of music playback, 38 hours of talk time and 600 hours of standby time.
It comes with dual SIM but lack 5G network, instead you will get the regular 4G which is still okay alongside with WiFi, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth, FM radio, A-GPS for navigation and Type-C USB V2.0 with OTG for file transfer and charging.
Blackview BV9800 Price and Availability
The Blackview BV9800 price starts at around $319.99. Price in Nigeria starts at around 170,000 Naira in Nigeria, 2,300 GHS in Ghana and 42,500 KES in Kenya. You can buy the phone in Black, and Silver colors.
Blackview BV9800 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Blackview BV9800:
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P70, Octa-Core 4x 2.1 GHz ARM Cortex-A73 + 4x 1.95 GHz ARM Cortex-A53
- GPU: ARM Mali G72 MP3
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Silver
- Dimension: –
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: Nano+Nano/microSD
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM Support
- Display: 6.3 inch IPS Display, 1080 x 2280 Pixels (400 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP + 16 MP + 5 MP Triple Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Dual LED flash, Autofocus, Continuous shooting, Digital zoom, Geotagging, Panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 16 MP Camera
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes up to 256GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, GSM : 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 4G LTE: Yes, W-CDMA : 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 802.11 n 5GHz, Dual-Band, Wi-Fi HotSpot, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, Type-C USB V2.0 with OTG
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: Yes
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 6580 mAh Non Removable Battery
- Talktime: Up to 38 Hours
- Standby Time: Up to 600 Hours
- Fast Charging: Yes