The LG Q70 is LG’s first foray into manufacturing smartphones with a hole-punch display. It is a mid-range mobile phone housed in an attractive chassis. The Android phone houses quality mid-range hardware, a good battery and lots more. In this article, we explore the specs and price of the LG Q70, which will help you make your purchase decision.
Where to Buy LG Q70
LG Q70 Key Specs & Features
- 6.4-inch Dynamic IPS Display, 1080 x 2310 pixels (398 ppi)
- Android 9.0 (Pie), LG UX 7
- 4GB RAM
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 675
- 64GB built-in Storage, up to 512GB Memory Card
- 32MP + 13MP + 5MP Triple Rear camera
- 16MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- MIL-STD-810G compliant
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under Display)
- Fast Wireless Charging
- 4000mAh Non-Removable Li-ion Battery
The Design and Display
In recent times, a lot of LG smartphones have had smartphone designs that give you a Déjà vu vibe. Although there are still similarities, LG’s intention of designing a smartphone with a different look is very evident here.
Speaking of similarities, the setup on the rear of the LG Q70 is exactly what we had on the LG V50 ThinQ 5G.
The only way you will be able to differentiate both smartphones when having a rearview, is if you take cognizance of the V50 and Q70 branding. Other than that, there is no telling which is which.
The rear of the Q70 is home to a triple camera system, a camera flash, a rear fingerprint sensor, the Q70 branding and the LG branding on the bottom, indicating its an LG smartphone.
The front of the smartphone is where you discover LG’s intentions to severe the LG Q70 from other recently released LG smartphones that look similar. Although featuring a hole-punch display isn’t new to the smartphone world, its the first time an LG smartphone has this kind of display.
This hole-punch display is a 6.4-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2310 and a screen density of 398ppi. Despite being a hole-punch display, the LG Q70 still has bezels that are almost impossible to ignore.
The phrase color variant is non-existent here. The LG Q70 has come only in mirror black. Whether or not LG would produce more color variant wasn’t known as at the time this article was written.
The LG Q70 may not have the best of the best cameras, but it is no slack. It packs in a set of capable cameras that houses some of the trending features we see on many smartphones.
The rear camera setup on the LG Q70 is home to a 32MP wide camera with an aperture of F/1.8, a 13MP ultra-wide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 5MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4. This camera lets you shoot photos in HDR and panorama. You can also shoot 1080p videos with frame rates maxed at 30fps.
For selfies, the LG Q70 features a 16MP front-facing camera, that lets you also let you shoot 1080p videos with frame rates topped at 30fps
Hardware and Software
The LG Q70 being a mid-range smartphone that is, it packs in the correct measure of mid-range hardware specs. There isn’t anything to be wowed about here, except you are coming from a much lower smartphone.
It packs feature an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 processor, which has clock speeds of 2.0GHz and 1.7GHz. This processor allows for smooth performance for basic tasks, as well as light to almost heavy gaming.
The LG Q70 also features 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage, with an option for Micro-SD expansion up to a whopping 1TB.
There is a Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery on this smartphone. It has support for 15W fast charging, which should help re-charging your smartphone fast.
On the software side, the LG Q70 runs LG UX 7 on top of Android 9.0 (Pie). As at the time this article was written, there was no word on whether the LG Q70 would be upgraded to Android 10 or not.
The LG Q70 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type C (USB 3.1) port, Dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity and lots more.
The LG Q70 has support for 4G connectivity and has support for LTE band 7 and LTE band 3. This means that users in Nigeria will able to use GLO, 9Mobile and Airtel 4G sims on this device
LG Q70 Price and Availability
The LG Q70 price in Nigeria starts at 159,243 Naira, which is about 440 American dollars. It is currently available for purchase in retail stores, as well as online retails stores that ship to your region.
LG Q70 Specs
Here are a few specs of the LG Q70
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie; LG UX 7
- Processor: Quad-core 2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver (Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Mirror Black
- Dimension: 162.1 x 76.8 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 198g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.4-inch IPS LCD Capacitivee Touchscreen, 1080 x 2310 pixels (398 ppi)
- Screen Protection: –
- Rear Camera: 32MP (wide)f/1.8 + 13MP (ultrawide) f/2.2 + 5MP (depth sensor) f/2.4 Camera
- Rear Camera Features: panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 16MP Camera, 1080p @ 30fps
- Built-in Storage: 64GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 1TB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 38(2600), 40(2300)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5 with A2DP LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type C (USB 2.0)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Video Player: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes, DTS: X Surround Sound
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (rear)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes (IP68)
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes