The LG V50s ThinQ 5G is a follow up of the LG V50 ThinQ 5G. Whereas its predecessor wasn’t made for global usage, this smartphone is aimed at global use. It features a lot of similarities with its predecessor. In this article, we explore the LG V50s ThinQ 5G specs and price, which is aimed at helping you make your purchase decision.
Where to Buy LG V50s ThinQ 5G
LG V50s ThinQ 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.4-inch, OLED Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 X 2340 pixels (403 ppi)
- Android 9.0 (Pie), LG UX 9.0
- 8GB RAM
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- 256GB built-in storage and supports memory card up to 1TB
- 12MP + 13MP dual camera and 32MP front camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint sensor (Rear-Mounted)
- Fast Wireless Charging
- 4000mAh non-removable Li-ion battery
The Design and Display
If you loved the design on the LG V40 Thin Q, you probably would love the LG V50s ThinQ. This is due to the fact that both Android phones bear very similar chassis design with minute changes. There isn’t any innovation here, it majorly last year’s stuff.
The LG V50s ThinQ 5G may not feature industries’ best chassis design, but it does feature a very solid build. There is Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on the front of the device, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 on the rear and an aluminum frame holding both the front and back panels in place.
On the rear of this device, you will find a triple camera system tucked in the panel. You will also find 5G, V50s ThinQ and LG branding here.
Upfront there is a 6.4 inch OLED display, with a notch, housing two front-facing cameras, and some sensors. This display is an OLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 and a screen density of 403 PPI.
Still, on the display, the LG V50s ThinQ 5G comes packed with a folio case in the box. This following case has a screen one side and an empty slot for you to fix in the phone. Fix this smartphone in that slot and you have a luxury of dual screen.
If you decide to purchase the LG V50s ThinQ 5G, you will have to settle for a smartphone with an Aurora black color. The LG V50s ThinQ only comes in Aurora black.
The LGV50s ThinQ 5G features an impressive array of cameras on the front as well on the rear. Cameras on the smartphone, may not have what it takes to contend with the iPhone 11 Pro, Google Pixel 4 or the Huawei Mate 30, but it does have what it takes to dish out quality images.
The LG V50s ThinQ 5G has a total of 3 cameras. There a single camera up front and dual cameras on the rear. Each camera houses different unique features.
The dual-camera system on the LG V50s ThinQ 5G is home is to a 12MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8 and a 13MP ultra-wide camera with an aperture of F/2.4.
With these cameras, you can shoot photos in HDR and Panorama. You can also shoot 4k videos at 30 and 60fps, 1080 videos at 30,60 and 240fps.
Upfront on the smartphone, there is a single 32MP selfie camera with an aperture of f/1.9. This camera lets you shoot photos in HDR and also 4k videos at 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The hardware specs on the LG V50s ThinQ 5G can be best described as basic for any flagship device. This smartphone houses the kind of specs you would expect from any high-end smartphone. Basically, there is nothing to be wowed about here if you are used to flagship specs.
The LG V50s ThinQ 5G comes packed with a 7nm Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor. This processor has clock speeds of 2.8 GHz on max, 2.42GHz, and 1.78GHz on idle.
It features 8GB of RAM and 256GB of UFS 2.1 storage, with an option for storage expansion up to 1TB via Micro-SD.
Powering this smartphone is a non-removable 4000 mAh Li-Po battery. It supports 21w fast charge courtesy Qualcomm quick charge 4.0 and also 9W wireless charging.
If you are searching for a smartphone with a user interface very close to stock Android, the LG V50s Thin Q is probably not for you. The LG V50s ThinQ 5G runs LG UX 9.0 on top of the Android 9.0 (Pie) operating system. If you a
The LG V50s ThinQ 5G features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB C (USB 3.1). There is also Dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0 and near field connection (NFC) on this smartphone.
5G connectivity is the second most popular feature of the LG V50s ThinQ 5G. Being a 5G smartphone, you are assured of getting crazy internet speeds. Internet speeds that will make downloading files and streaming a lot faster than on 4G Smartphones.
Although LG has perfected 5G connectivity on the V50s ThinQ 5G, the availability of 5G coverage in your area is a major facilitator of your ability to use 5G connectivity on this smartphone. To utilize this 5G connectivity, you need to make sure you are in an area with 5G coverage.
LG V50s ThinQ 5G Price and Availability
The Lg V50s ThinQ Price in Nigeria starts at around 325,438 Naira, which is around $899. As mentioned earlier, this smartphone has the only variant, so you shouldn’t be bothered about variation in variant prices.
The LG V50s ThinQ 5G is currently available for purchase, and can be purchased from offline retail stores close to you, as well as online retails stores that ship to your region.
LG V50s ThinQ 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the LG V50s ThinQ 5G:
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie OS, LG UX 9.0
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7nm), 2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 2.42 GHz Tri-core Kryo 485 & 1.78 GHz quad-core Kryo 485
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: New Aurora Black
- Dimension: 159.3 x 75.8 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 192g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.4-inch OLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 pixels (403 ppi), 19.5:9 aspect ratio, HDR10, Always on Display
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Rear Camera: 12MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 13MP (Ultra-wide) f/2.4 Camera, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps Videos
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama
- Front Camera: 32MP Camera, HDR, [email protected] Video
- Built-in Storage: 256GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 1TB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes, NSA / Sub6 / mmWave
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE-A (4CA) Cat 16 1024/150 Mbps
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0 with A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 3.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP4/DviX/XviD/H.265 player
- Video Player: MP4/DviX/XviD/H.265 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes, DTS: X Surround Sound, Tuned by Meridian Audio
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (In-Display)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4,000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 21W Fast Battery Charging (Quick Charge 4.0), USB Power Delivery 2.0, 9W Wireless Charging Capacity