The Lenovo Z6 Youth (a.k.a. Lenovo Z6 Lite) is the affordable version of the Lenovo Z6 smartphone. The handset was unveiled in China with an attractive body design that debuts of a tall aspect ratio screen, Snapdragon 710 SoC, triple rear cameras, big battery with support for dual-frequency GPS.
Where to Buy Lenovo Z6 Youth
The Lenovo Z6 Youth is one of the good devices you can buy in Nigeria at an affordable price. The starting price is about $159 which is still in the same price segment with other budget devices in the Nigerian market like Camon 12, Infinix Note 6 and many more.
Lenovo Z6 Youth Key Specs & Features
- 6.3-inch IPS Display, 1080 x 2340 Pixels (409 ppi)
- Display supports HDR10
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 710
- 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB inbuilt Storage, up to 256GB Memory Card
- 16 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP Triple Rear Camera
- 16 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear)
- 4G LTE Network
- 4,050 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design And Display
The Lenovo Z6 Youth parades a beautiful body that is made of 3D curved glass rear with ceramic appeal flanked with a magnesium alloy frame. It comes with a smooth panel that houses a triple rear camera with an LED flash and also a fingerprint scanner.
The handset seems to be the special edition of the Lenovo K10 Plus. That aside, on the overall body, it measures 156.6 x 74.3 x 7.9 mm in dimensions and weight 164 grams.
Shifting to the front, you will be greeted with a waterdrop notch that hosts the front camera. The bezel on the phone is slim and the chin is not that visible as well. The handset offers a 6.3-inch IPS LCD panel.
The notch display produces a full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels and an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. It also has support for HDR10. The maker also claims that the phone offers a screen-to-body ratio of 93.07 percent.
On the camera department, the Lenovo Z6 Youth wisely choose a triple shooter on the back with an LED flash for low background photos.
The camera set-up includes a 16-megapixel primary sensor with f/1.8 aperture, an ultrawide lens of 8-megapixel with f/2.4 aperture and lastly is the depth sensor of 5-megapixel and f/2.2 aperture.
For nice shots, the sensor features super night scene mode, multi-frame noise reduction, AI portrait mode, AI scene identification and more. Selfies fanatics will get a single shooter of 16-megapixel with f/2.0 aperture.
Hardware And Software
Under the hood is a Snapdragon 710 mobile platform based on 10 nm process technology. The SOC has an octa-core processor clocking at a speed of 2.2 GHz with Adreno 616 for graphics and gaming.
The Lenovo Z6 Youth is available in different models. The first has 4GB RAM with 64GB, while the highest variant features 6GB RAM and generous inbuilt storage of 128GB. You can still expand the memory if you want but not beyond 256GB.
Battery And Network
It has a non-removable battery capacity of 4,050mAh that carries support for 15W rapid charging through USB-C. Booting the Lenovo Z6 Youth is an Android 9.0 Pie operating system out of the box with ZUI 11 user interface on top.
Furthermore, it’s equipped with support for Dolby panoramic sound and 4D tuning system. It also has dual-frequency GPS technology for accurate location tracking.
Other features on the device are rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, AI face unlock, microSD card slot, dual-SIM support, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB-C and 3.5mm audio jack for entertainment.
Lenovo Z6 Youth Price And Availability
Lenovo Z6 Youth price in Nigeria starts at around 60,000 Naira. It is now available for purchase in Nigeria, Ghana, and Kenya.
About 16,000 Ksh in Kenya and 900 Ghs in Ghana. The phone can also be referred to as Lenovo Z6 Lite and you can order it in amazing colors.
Lenovo Z6 Youth Specs
Here are a few specs of the Lenovo Z6 Youth:
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 (10 nm), Octa-core (2.2 GHz dual-core Kryo 360 Gold & hexa-core 1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 616
- Memory: 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM
- Colours: Red, Green
- Dimension: 156.6 x 74.3 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 164 gram
- SIM Type: Hybrid Dual, Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.3 inches, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~409 ppi density), IPS, LCD
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 16 MP + 8 MP (telephoto) + 5 MP (wide) Triple Camera, [email protected] Video
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, PDAF, 2x Optical Zoom, panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 16 MP Camera, [email protected] Video
- Built-in Storage: 64/128 GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes, Dolby Atmos sound
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: No
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4050 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes (15W)