The Realme 6 is packed with mid-range specs that make it a strong contender in the mid-range smartphone market. It joins the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro to become one of the smartphones that run the Helio G90T processor. In this article, we explore the Realme 6 Specs and price.
Realme 6 Key Specs & Features
- 6.5-inch IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels (405 ppi)
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio G90T Processor
- Android 10.0; Realme UI
- 4GB / 6GB / 8GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage, with Memory Card Support
- 64MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 16MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- Non-Removable 4300 mAh Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The design of the Realme 6 is far from being unique. It features design elements that have been featured on many already released smartphones. Basically there is nothing to be wowed about here.
The Realme 6 continues the Realme tradition of featuring a glossy design on the rear panel. This rear panel is home to a quad-camera system and the Realme moniker, which indicates it’s a Realme smartphone.
Upfront is a very familiar setup. You have got a display housing a hole-punch camera. This display is an IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2400 and also a screen density of 405 ppi.
Color choices are quite limited here. You have got dual options. The color variants are Comet blue and Comet white.
The recently released mid-range smartphones have somehow followed a trend in camera features. The Realme 6 follows suit. Although not having the same sensor sizes, you have got cameras that having matching features with the likes of the Cameras of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro.
The Realme 6 has a quad-camera system on the rear and a single camera system upfront. Its rear camera system is home to a primary 64MP primary camera, an 8MP ultrawide camera, a 2MP macro camera, and a 2MP monochrome camera.
This rear camera setup is capable of taking photos in HDR, Panorama and also shoot videos 4k videos @30fps, [email protected]/60/120fps
For selfies, you have a 16MP camera capable of shooting photos in HDR and Panorama and also 1080p videos with frame rates capped at 30fps.
Hardware and Software
Scrolling through the hardware specs sheet of the Realme 6, you discover specs toned to make this Android phone a strong contender in the mid-range smartphone market, designed to contend with the likes of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro.
Inside this smartphone, is an Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G90T processor, which was one of the most discussed features of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro.
You have also got a trio of options when it comes to RAM sizes. Ram variants include 4GB, 6GB, and 8GB. For internal storage, users get to choose between 64GB and 128GB. There is also an option for storage expansion via SD-Card.
Powering this smartphone is a Non-Removable 4300mAh battery. To ensure fast charge, you have got a 30W fast charge mechanism which boasts of 100% charge in 55 mins.
On the software side, the Realme 6 runs Realme UI on-top of the Android 10.0 operating system.
The Realme 6 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB-Type C port, dual-band WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0.
Internet connectivity on the ReaLME 6 is capped at 4G LTE, this means you don’t have the luxury of 5G internet speed. Download and uploads are limited to 4G speed.
Realme 6 Price and Availability
The price of the Realme 6 starts around $175 for the base 4GB/64GB variant, which is about 64,000 Naira, 18,553 Kenyan shillings, 983,50 Ghana Cedi.
Its 6GB/128GB variant is priced around $205, while its maxed 8GB/128GB is priced around $215.
Realme 6 was announced on March 5, 2020, and is currently available for purchase. You can get it in Comet Blue and Comet White.
Realme 6 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Realme 6:
- Platform: Android 10.0; Realme UI
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek Helio G90T (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MC4
- Memory: 4GB / 6GB / 8GB RAM
- Colours: Comet Blue, Comet White
- Dimension: 162.1 x 74.8 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: Micro-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual Micro SIM
- Display: 6.5-Inch IPS Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Wide) f/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.3 + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Monochrome) f/2.4 Quad Cameras
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps
- Front Camera: 16MP, f/2.0, HDR, Panorama, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE:1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 Reversible Connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-Removable Li-Poly 4300 mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 33W