The Xiaomi Black Shark 3 is the successor of the Xiaomi Black Shark 2. Xiaomi has released it’s latest and new gaming smartphone for the year. The Xiaomi Black Shark 3 is one of the most powerful smartphones around.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Black Shark 3
The phone is preloaded with tons of cool gaming features and it also packs an impressive body design. Users will get a good camera set-up, a powerful processor plus a massive battery on the hood.
All this features will most probably make the smartphone one of the best android phones for gaming.
Xiaomi Black Shark 3 Key Specs & Features
- 6.67 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi)
- Always-on Display
- Android 10
- Octa-core Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- 8GB RAM / 12GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
- 64 MP + 13 MP + 5 MP Triple Rear Camera
- 20 MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE Network
- 5G Network
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Dual-Band
- Fingerprint Scanner (under display, optical)
- Fast Battery Charging 65W
- Fast Battery Charging 30W (model with 8GB RAM)
- Magnetic charging 18W
- 4720 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Going by the design, the Xiaomi Black Shark 3 follows the same pattern of the Black Shark series. The device is built with a premium material that features the combination of metal and glass.
The panel house the camera, an LED flash, and also the S logo. Far from that, it measures 168.7 x 77.3 x 10.4 mm in dimensions and weighs 222 grams. The smartphone is available in amazing colors shades namely Lightning Black, Armor Gray, and Star Silver.
Turning to the display, it standout as there are no holes or cutouts on the display. It offers a display size of 6.67-inch with AMOLED capacitive touchscreen.
The screen, on the other hand, has a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, a 20:9 ratio, and 395 PPI density. There are other tons of features on the display that includes DCI-P3, 90Hz, 270Hz touch-sensing, 500 nits typ. brightness, support for HDR10+ and Always-on display.
The Xiaomi Black Shark 3 is blessed with an impressive triple rear camera set-up. The camera consists of 64 MP wide with an additional 13 MP ultrawide sensor and lastly is 5 MP depth sensor.
It comes with cool features such as LED flash, HDR, panorama and can also shoot 4K video quality. The front camera is 20 MP wide that has HDR support and can shoot 2K video resolution.
Hardware and Software
Underneath the smartphone is a powerful Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 chipset that is built on 7 nm+ process technology and also has an octa-core processor clocking at a maximum speed of 2.84 GHz.
The gaming phone will handle anything graphics with the help of Adreno 650 GPU and it also runs on the latest Android 10 operating system. The onboard storage available includes 128GB with 8GB RAM, another 128GB with 12GB RAM while the bigger model has 12GB with 256GB. It does not have support for micro SD card.
Battery and Network
Fueling the Smartphone is a non-removable 4720 mAh that carries support for fast charging technology. The 65W fast charging promise to refill the juicer to 100% in just 38 minutes. It also has another fast battery charging 30W and magnetic charging 18W.
It’s needless to say that it supports 5G network connectivity. Other features include 3.5mm audio jacks which you won’t find on the Black Shark 2.
There is an improved sandwich-like cooling solution that has been implemented with double the heat pipes. The Black Shark 3 also comes with a fingerprint scanner embedded on the screen for security.
Xiaomi Black Shark 3 Price and Availability
Xiaomi Black Shark 3 price starts at around $450 for the 8GB + 128GB model, while the 12GB + 256GB will cost around $675.
In Nigeria, the Xiaomi Black Shark 3 will sell at 183,000 Naira and 247,000 Naira respectively. Those in Ghana will get the phone for 2,700 Ghs and 52,000 Ksh in Kenya.
The Xiaomi Black Shark 3 is now available for purchase in China and is available in other countries too.
Xiaomi Black Shark 3 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Black Shark 3:
- Platform: Android 10.0
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+), Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory: 6GB RAM / 8GB RAM / 12GB RAM
- Colours: Lightning Black, Armor Gray, Star Silver
- Dimension: 168.7 x 77.3 x 10.4 mm
- Weight: 222 grams
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.67 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi), Always-on Display, 500 nits brightness, HDR10+, 90Hz refresh rate
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64 MP (wide) + 13 MP (ultrawide) + 5 MP (depth) Triple, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, [email protected]
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 20 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/3″, 0.9µm
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes, CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 20(800), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: Yes, 5G band 41(2500), 78(3500), 79(4700); SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive Bluetooth
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: No
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-Removable Li-Po 4720 mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, Fast battery charging 65W: 100% in 38 min, 30W capacity for the model with 8GB RAM
More on Xiaomi
- Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 10
- Best 5G Phones
- Xiaomi Redmi 9
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 9
- Best 4G Phones
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10
- Xiaomi Mi 10T 5G
- Cheap Android Phones
- Best Android Phones
- Xiaomi Redmi 9A
- Xiaomi Phones
- How to Buy a Smartphone
- Xiaomi Poco M3
- Xiaomi Black Shark 4 Pro
- Compare Prices of Mobile Phones
- Best Gaming Phones
- Xiaomi Mi 11
- Xiaomi Redmi 9C