Recent smartphone releases have shown that you necessarily do not have to spend $1000 or more to get a flagship smartphone. The Meizu 17 is one of such smartphones. It offers flagship specs for a price tag that falls in the $500 range. This article explores the Meizu 17 specs and price, which will help you make your purchase decision.
Where to Buy Meizu M17
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers
Meizu 17 Key Specs & Features
- 6.6-inch Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (390 PPI)
- Android 10, Flyme 8.1
- 8GB RAM
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 12MP + 8MP + 5MP Quad Rear Camera
- 20MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under Display)
- 30W Fast Charge
- 5G Support
- 4500 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Meizu 17 features a design that can be best described as basic. It is void of any bells and whistles. It picks traits from a design that has somehow become a norm in the midrange and high-end smartphone space.
The rear of this smartphone is home to a horizontal camera module housing four cameras and a camera flash. On the bottom of this rear panel is the Meizu branding, which indicates its a Meizu smartphone.
Upfront is a 6.6-inch Super AMOLED display, which is home to a punch-hole selfie camera. This display has a 90Hz refresh rate, a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340, and a screen density of 390 PPI.
The Meizu 17 camera department comprises of quad rear cameras and a single front-facing camera. These cameras bear a combo of familiar and trending features.
The quad rear camera setup comprises a 64MP primary camera, a 12MP wide camera, an 8MP ultrawide camera, and a 5MP macro camera. This rear camera setup is capable of shooting 4k and 1080p videos at 30 / 60fps. You also get HDR and Panorama for photos.
Selfies are manned by a 20MP punch hole camera, which is capable of 1080p videos and you also have HDR for photos.
Hardware and Software
As discussed in the introductory paragraph, Meizu 17 is a high-end Android smartphone designed for high-end tasks.
The Meizu 17 is powered by an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Processor, an Adreno 650 graphics processing unit, an 8GB RAM, 128GB, or 256GB of internal storage and a non-removable 4500 mAh battery. You also get quick charge 4.0 which facilitates a 30W fast charge mechanism.
On the software side, we have the Flyme 8.1 user interface running on the Android 10 operating system.
The Meizu 17 features a USB Type-C port. It also features WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity. The absence of a 3.5mm headphone jack here means private audio listening is done with a wireless headphone or a USB-C headphone.
Thanks to its 5G support, enthusiasts who purchase this smartphone will be able to stream, download, and upload at 5G speeds provided they have 5G reception in their area.
Meizu 17 Price and Availability
The price of the Meizu 17 starts around $574, which is about 222,644 Naira, 61,462 Kenyan Shillings, 3,320 Ghana Cedi.
The Meizu 17 was announced on May 8, 2020, and is expected to go on sale on May 11, 2020. It comes in Green, Gray, Aurora, and White.
Meizu 17 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Meizu 17:
- Platform: Android 10, Flyme 8.1
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Green, Gray, Aurora White
- Dimension: 160 x 77.2 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 199 g
- SIM Type: Nano
- SIM Count: Dual
- Display: 6.6-inch Super AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen, 90Hz Refresh Rate, 1080 x 2340 Pixels, 390 PPI
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Wide) f/1.8 + 12 MP (wide) f/1.9 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2 + 5MP (Macro) f/1.9 Quad Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-tone flash, Auto-HDR, Panorama, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p; gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 20 MP Camera, f/2.2, (wide), HDR , 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 41, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 а/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C (2.0) reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under Display Optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Quick charge 3.0, 30W