Microsoft has launched an update to its Surface Go tablet. The entry-level Surface Go 2 sports a portable design, better resolution, improvements to battery life and a powerful Performance. The Surface Go 2 features a brilliant display and up to 10 hours battery life.
Where to Buy Surface Go 2
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers
This 10.5-inch captivating 2-in-1 convertible tablet offers the best cloud-powered security, audio experience and a faster multitasking connection.
Microsoft Surface Go 2 Key Features
- Windows 10 Pro
- 10.5-inch PixelSense™ Display
- 1920 x 1280 (220 ppi) resolution
- Up to 8th Gen Intel® Core™ m3 Processor
- Intel® UHD Graphics 615
- Up to 8GB RAM
- Up to 128GB SSD Card
- 8MP Rear Camera
- 5MP Front Camera
- Windows Hello Face Authentication Camera (Front-Facing Camera)
- 4G LTE with LTE Advanced
- Up to 10 hours
The Surface Go 2 sports an identical design to the original Surface Go, but with slight upgrade. It retain its lightweight design with a physical dimension of 245 mm x 175 mm x 8.3 m, thus resulting into an ultra portable, yet durable design.
In addition, this device comes with a slimmer display bezels than its predecessor, slimmer display bezels than its predecessor, hence, the almost all screen display.
Made of silver magnesium, Microsoft Surface Go 2 is a beauty to behold with the perfectly inscribed reflective Microsoft logo at the back.
The device top bezel host the 5MP front facing camera and also sited at the back is an 8MP camera, thus, delivering sharp video even in low light.
Furthermore, these touch screen device is designed for use with both the Surface Pen and Surface Dial, and also compatible with Microsoft’s Type Covers, although, the accessories are sold separately.
For connectivity, the Surface Go 2 comes with one USB Type-C ports and an one Surface Connect port, Surface Type Cover Port, MicroSDXC Card Reader and a 3.5 mm headphone jack.
Microsoft Surface 2 flaunts a 10.5-inch PixelSense™ Display with touch configurations.
It sports a 1920 x 1280 resolution, thus resulting int 220PPI per density, hence offering an unforgettable visual feast that’s delivers, bright and incredibly vibrant display.
The display screen is made of Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 which helps-resist more against scratch and fall.
Furthermore, the Microsoft Surface Go 2 has an aspect ratio of 3.2, hence, offering vibrant colors, and brightness to make up for an excellent display for gamer, and other users.
With 10-point touch tracking, the Surface Go 2 screens can handle simultaneous touches from all fingers on both hands, enabling a wide number of gestures and multi-touch controls.
Surface Go 2 is equipped with two different processor option depending on the model you go for.
The base model is powered by an Intel® Pentium® Gold Processor 4425Y with 2 core, 4 threads and 1.70 GHz base Frequency.
This chip should provide a considerable performance boost over the Pentium Gold 4415Y in last year’s tablet.
Furthermore, the higher model however is powered by the 8th Gen Intel® Core m3 Processor which also gain up to 64% faster performance than its predecessor.
The Surface Go 2 two CPU model is backed up by an integrated Intel UHD 615 Graphics, thus, offering the best gaming experience.
Furthermore, the laptop offers up to 8GB RAM, as well as SSD card which can be configured up to 128GB and 64GB eMMC drive.
Above all, the Surface Go 2 has a model with 4G LTE support. This model comes with Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X16 LTE modem, thus, allowing for network connectivity away from home.
This tablet comes with a long lasting battery which offers up to 10 hours of typical device usage.
The Surface Go 2 IR camera let you log in via facial recognition thanks to the Windows 10 operating system.
Similarly, this portable 2-in-1 device comes with a front-facing stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos, thus delivering a crystal-clear audio when watching videos or taking a call.
Above all, the tablet offers access to Wi-Fi 6 wireless networking and Bluetooth 5.0 wireless features for perfect sharing and connectivity.
Microsoft Surface Go 2 Price and Availability
The Surface Go 2 price starts at $399 for the base model and $729.99 for the LTE model. However, the price may change depending on your choice configuration.
This 2-in-1 device is available on Microsoft official store and other third-party e-commerce platforms like Amazon.
Microsoft Surface Go 2 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Surface Go 2
- OS: Window 10 Home in S Mode (Switch to Windows 10 Pro supported)
- Processor: Intel® Pentium® Gold Processor 4425Y, 8th Gen Intel® Core m3 Processor
- GPU: Intel® UHD Graphics 615
- Memory: Up to 8GB of RAM
- Colours: Platinum
- Dimension: (245 mm x 175 mm x 8.3 mm)
- Weight: 544 g (Wi-Fi Model), 553 g (4G LTE model)
Display & Keyboard
- Display: 10.5-inch PixelSense Touch Display, 1920 x 1280 (220 ppi), 3:2 Aspect Ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, 1500:1 contrast ratio
- Keyboard: Yes, detachable (sold separately)
- Pointing Device: Yes, Touchscreen, Touchpad (On Keyboard)
- Built-in Storage: Up to 128GB SSD
- Optical Storage: –
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
Ports & Connectivity
- Webcam: Yes, 5.0MP Front Camera, 8.0MP Rear Camera (1080p HD Video)
- USB Ports: 1 x USB-C
- HDMI: –
- Thunderbolt Ports: –
- DisplayPort: –
- VGA: –
- Ethernet (RJ-45): –
- SD Slot: Yes, Full-size SDXC card reader
- Mic/Headphone: Yes, Dual Studio Mics, 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- WLAN: WiFi: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0
- NFC: Yes
- Docking Connector: Yes, 1 x Surface Connect Port, 1 x Surface Type Cover Port
- Mobile Broadband: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X16 LTE Modem (4G LTE models), LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66
- Microsoft 365 Family one month trial
- 2W stereo speakers with Dolby® Audio™
- TPM 2.0 chip
- Nano SIM Tray (4G LTE Model)
- GPS/GLONASS: Standalone and assisted GNSS, accuracy up to 3 meters (4G LTE Model)
- Ambient light sensor
- Proximity sensor
- Use Time: Up to 10 hours