Much like the Blackview BV9900, the Blackview BV9900 Pro does it best to offer a beefy specs sheet together with a military-grade chassis. So in summary, enthusiasts have a tough smartphone capable of running tasks swiftly. Details on it specs and price will be discussed here, which is geared towards helping you make your purchase decision.
Blackview BV9900 Pro Key Specs and Features
- 5.84-inch, IPS LCD HD+ Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 X 2280 Pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio P90 Processor
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB built-in storage, With SD-Card Support
- Dual 16MP + 48MP + 5MP + 2MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 16MP front camera
- Water / Dust Resistance (IP68 & IP69K&MIL-STD-810G)
- Fast Charging (18W Capacity)
- 4380mAh non-removable battery
Design and Display
The story behind smartphones in the Blackview BV series has remained the same over the years. This series has grown to become notorious for having smartphones with tough chassis designed to withstand tough conditions.
The Blackview BV9900 Pro doesn’t deviate from the cause. It offers a chassis design and builds that gives the assurance that enthusiasts do not have to bother much about lethal damages
This smartphone features a military-grade certification paired with an IP68 rating, this means enthusiasts can bother less about water, dust, and damage accrued from drops from a height. However, enthusiasts are advised to exercise caution when conscious.
The rear of this smartphone is home to quad cameras, a camera flash Ultraviolet sensor, a heart rate sensor, and the Black View Logo, which indicates its a Blackview smartphone.
Upfront, we have a 5.84-inch IPS LCD display which features a teardrop notch housing a front-facing camera. This display has a screen resolution of 1080 x 2080 pixels. It uses a Gorilla Glass 5 layer for protection.
Having cheap Android smartphones with features we usually see on flagships usually require having one less premium feature, which is usually its cameras. However, Blackview was able to make a jump here, by featuring some big camera sensors.
The rear camera system comprises of a 48MP primary camera, a 16MP ultrawide camera, a 5MP depth camera, and a 2MP macro camera. This camera system is capable of shooting videos capped at 4k 30fps.
Selfies are manned by a 16MP front-facing camera with an aperture of f/2.0. This camera is backed by a Samsung S5K3P9-SX sensor.
Hardware and Software
Performance on the Blackview BV9900 Pro is fostered by an Octa-core MediaTek Helio P90 processor, IMG 9xm-hp8 970MHZ GPU 8GB of RAM, 128GB internal built-in storage and a non-removable 4380 mAh.
Despite being not being close to being a top-notch mid-range Android phone, this hardware combo is expected to get you through a lot of tasks with little or no lag.
On the software side, you have got the Blackview interface running on the Android 9 Pie operating system. Whether or not it will be receiving the Android 10 update wasn’t known as at the time this article was written.
The Blackview BV9900 Pro features a USB Type C port. Other connectivity options include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, and NFC.
Internet connectivity is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t have access to 5G internet speed. However, they can stream, download, and upload at 4G speed.
Blackview BV9900 Pro Price and Availability
Blackview BV9900 Pro price at around $445. Price starts at around 250,000 Naira in Nigeria, 3,700 GHs in Ghana, and 69,000 KSh in Kenya.
The Blackview BV9900 Pro is currently available for purchase. It can be purchased from leading online stores like Aliexpress.
Blackview BV9900 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the BV9900 Pro:
- Platform: Android 9 (Pie)
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek MT67779
- GPU: IMG 9xm-hp8 970MHZ
- Memory: 8GB
- Colours: Black, Silver
- Dimension: 78.3mm x 15.65mm x 14.2mm
- Weight: 264g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 5.84-inch, IPS LCD HD+ Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 X 2280 Pixels
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla® Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 16MP (Ultrawide) + 48MP + 5MP (Depth) + 2MP (Macro) Quad Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, 4K @ 60fps, 1080p @ 60fps
- Front Camera: 16MP Camera, f/2.0
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, Up to 2TB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: B2(1900)/B3(1800)/B5(850)/B8(900)
- 2G CDMA 1X: BC0/BC1/BC10
- 3G WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/6/8/19
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/18/19
- 5G: –
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: –
- WLAN: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: ogg/aac/imy/amr/x-flac/mp3
- Video Player: mp4/3gp/3gpp/avi/x-flv
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: –
- Navigation: GPS + GLONASS + Beidou + Galileo
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: –
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: –
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 4380 mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Capacity