The Tecno Spark Power 2 comes in as a successor to the first-Gen Tecno Spark Power. It packs in an improved smartphone hardware in a chassis looks a lot like that of the Tecno Pouvoir 4. This article contains details on the Tecno Spark Power 2 specs and price, which is geared towards helping you make your purchase decision.
Where to Buy Tecno Spark Power 2
Tecno Spark Power 2 Key Specs and Features
- 7.0 inch IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1640 pixels (256 PPI)
- Android 10; HIOS 6.1
- Octa-core Mediatek Helio P22 CPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB inbuilt storage, With Support for SD-Card
- 16MP + 5MP + 2MP + QVGA Quad Rear Camera
- 16 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear)
- Fast Charging (18W Capacity)
- 6000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Tecno Spark Power 2 chassis design is a replica of what we had on the Tecno Pouvoir 4 and Tecno Pouvoir 4 Pro. The Dichotomy is very minute. Only meticulous scrutiny of the branding can reveal their differences.
The rear panel is home to a square camera module that houses four cameras and an LED flash. You will also find an optical fingerprint sensor and the Tecno branding which indicates its a Tecno smartphone.
Proceeding to the front panel, we discover a massive 7-inch display with a teardrop notch housing its front camera. This display has a screen resolution of 720 x 1640 and a screen density of 256 PPI.
Build Properties on this mobile phone comprises of Glass upfront, plastic on the rear, and plastic on the frame.
The Camera department on the Tecno Spark Power 2 houses the same set of cameras on the Tecno Pouvoir 4 Pro. This means we should by default expect a very similar camera performance from both smartphones.
On the rear, we have a 16MP primary camera, 5MP ultrawide camera, a 2MP macro camera and a QVGA camera which doubles as a depth camera. This setup is capable of shooting videos maxed at 1080p @ 30fps. You also get Panorama and HDR for photos.
Upfront is a 16MP front-facing camera that caters for selfie photos and videos. Video shot on this camera is also capped at 1080p @ 30fps. Plus you get the HDR mode of photos.
Checkout the Latest Tecno Phones.
Hardware and Software
The hardware department of the Tecno Spark Power 2 is also a reminiscence of that of the Tecno Pouvoir 4 Pro. So you should also be expecting a similar performance were performing tasks.
Under the hood is an octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 processor, a PowerVR GE8320 GPU, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage, and a non-removable 6000mAh battery.
On the software side, it runs HIOS 6.1 user interface on top of the Android 10 operating system.
The Tecno Spark Power 2 features a 3.5mm jack and micro-USB 2.0 port. It also features Wifi and Bluetooth 5.0.
Internet connectivity on the Tecno Spark Power 2 is capped at 4G LTE, due to the absence of 5G support.
Tecno Spark Power 2 Price and Availability
The Price of the Tecno Spark Power 2 wasn’t confirmed as at the time this article was written, however, it is expected to go on sale for a price around $135, which is about 52,313 Nigerian Naira, 14,363 Kenyan Shillings and 784 Ghana Cedi.
The Tecno Spark Power 2 was announced on June 17th, 2020, and is expected to be on sale on June 23rd, 2020.
More Tecno Phones
Tecno Spark Power 2 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Tecno Spark Power 2:
- Platform: Android 10, HIOS 6.1
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek MT6762 Helio P22 (2.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Ice Jadeite, Misty Grey, Fascinating Purple
- Dimension: 174.9 x 79.6 x 9.2 mm
- Weight: 220 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 7.0-inch IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1640 Pixels
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 16MP (Wide) f/1.8 + 5MP (Ultrawide) + 2MP (macro) + QVGA
- Rear Camera Features: HDR, Macro shots, 1080 at 30fps, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0, Dual-LED flash, HDR, 1080 at 30fps
- Built-in Storage: 64GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, micro USB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (Rear Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes, Google Assistant
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable Li-Po 6000 mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Capacity