The Dooge S88 Pro offers a rugged smartphone chassis that bears an iron helmet themed design. Much like other smartphones in this category, the Doogee S88 Pro was designed for enthusiasts in dire of a smartphone that can withstand extreme conditions that would normally lead to the demise of a smartphone.
Where to Buy Doogee S88 Pro
Doogee S88 Pro Key Specs & Features
- 6.3-inch FHD+ Water Drop Display, 1080 x 2340 Pixels (410 PPI)
- Octa-core Mediatek Helio P70 (12nm)
- 6GB RAM
- Android 10
- 128GB Built-in Storage, with SD-Card Support up to 256GB
- 21MP + 8MP + 8MP Triple Rear Camera
- 16MP Front Camera
- IP68 / IP69K MIL-STD-810G Rating
- Fingerprint Scanner (Side-Mounted)
- Wireless Charging (10W)
- Reverse Wireless Charging (5W)
- 10,000 mAh Non-Removable Battery
Design and Display
The Doogee S88 Pro chassis design falls in line with the kind we have seen on most smartphones in the rugged smartphone category. The design language is characterized by aesthetics that give a military-grade vibe.
This design isn’t anywhere near being flashy. It is far from the motive behind this mobile phone. It’s all about being immune to damages that occur from being submerged in water and falling from a height.
The Doogee S88 pro has an IP68 rating which means it can survive being submerged in 1.5m depth of water for about 2 hours and about a full day in 1m depth of water.
Its IP69K rating means it is built to survive high pressure and high-temperature sprays. It can also survive an extreme temperature of -55°C for 4 hours.
Lastly, the Doogee S88 Pro is tough enough to withstand a drop from a height of 1.5m height on to a rough surface and also a drop from a height of 2M onto a smooth surface.
Perusing the chassis setup, you will discover a 6.3 inch full HD plus display upfront, with a drop notch housing its front-facing camera. This display has a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 and a screen density of 410 PPI.
Flipping to get a rear view of this smartphone, we discover the iron man themed setup mentioned earlier. This setup is mainly comprised of two eye-shaped LED which mimics the eyes on the iron man helmet.
These eye-shaped LED lights are more than just aesthetics, as they also serve as notification lights that create more awareness for notifications.
The rear panel is also home to three cameras, an LED flash and the Doogee branding, which indicates its a Doogee smartphone.
On the side, we have programmable buttons that can be programmed with three actions, which are single, double click, and long press. We also have a side-mounted fingerprint sensor
The cameras on the Doogee S88 Pro may not be the main focus here, but Doogee didn’t leave enthusiasts hanging, as they made efforts to offering enthusiasts an intuitive combo of cameras.
Its rear camera department comprises of a 21MP primary camera with a Sony IMX230 sensor, an 8MP ultrawide camera, and an 8MP depth camera. This setup is capable of shooting videos maxed out at 4k 30fps.
Selfies on this Android phone are manned by a 16MP front-facing camera with a Samsung sensor. This camera has an aperture of f/2.0.
Hardware and Software
Performance on the Doogee S88 Pro is facilitated by an Octa-core MediaTek Helio P70 processor, Mali-G72 MP3 graphics processing unit, 6GB RAM, 128GB of internal storage, and a massive 10,000mAh battery.
Doogee made provision for other smartphones to benefit from this humongous battery. As such enthusiasts can perform reverse wireless charging on this smartphone with a 5W capacity.
On the software side, the Doogee S88 pro runs the stock Android 10 operating system.
The Doogee S88 pro features a USB type-c port, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC support, wifi, and lots more.
Internet connectivity is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t have access to 5G speed on this device.
Doogee S88 Pro Price and Availability
Doogee S88 Pro price starts at around $200 at leading global online stores. It is expected at around 80,000 Naira in Nigeria, 21,550 KSH in Kenya, and 1,200 GHC in Ghana.
Please note that there is a high chance the price will increase, as the aforementioned price is a product of an early sales discount.
The Doogee S88 Pro is currently available for purchase from leading online retails stores.
Doogee S88 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Doogee S88 Pro:
- Platform: Android 10 (Stock)
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek Helio P70 (4xCortex-A53 up to 2.0GHz, 4xCortex-A73 up to 2.1 GHz)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Memory: 6GB
- Colours: File Orange, Army Green, Mineral Black
- Dimension: 171.6mm x 85.5mm x 18.7mm
- Weight: 372g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.3-inch FHD+ Water Drop Display, 1080 x 2340 Pixels (410 PPI)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 21MP (Primary) + 8MP (Ultrawide) + 8MP (Portrait) Camera
- Rear Camera Features: –
- Front Camera: 16MP Camera, f/2.0, 80 Degree Wide Angle
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, Up to 256GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: B2 / B3 / B5 / B8
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: B1 / 2/4/5/8
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: B1 / 3/7/8/20
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: 2.4G 802.11b/g, 5G 802.11n
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Version 4.2
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C, with OTG Support
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: –
- Maps: –
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: Yes (10W Capacity)
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 10,000 mAh Battery
- Talktime: up to 47 Hours (up to 2 to 4 days of use)
- Standby Time: up to 32 Days
- Fast Charging: –