The Xiaomi Poco M2 Pro is a reminiscence of what we saw on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro. This was the exact same scenario we had with the Poco F2 Pro and the Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro. In summary, you have got the same smartphone hardware and a very similar design under a different brand name.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Poco M2 Pro
Poco M2 Pro Key Specs & Features
- 6.67-inch, IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 x 2400 pixels (395 PPI)
- 60Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10
- Android 10.0; MIUI 11
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G (8nm)
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 64GB/ 128GB/ 512GB built-in storage, With MicroSD Support
- 48MP + 8MP + 5MP + 2MP Quad Rear Camera
- 16MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- 33W Fast Charging
- 5000mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Poco M2 Pro bears the same design language as the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro. However, it makes a design tweak that introduces a dual pattern to the rear panel, which is kind of what we saw on the Google Pixel 3.
This dual pattern on the rear is the most conspicuous way to differentiate it from the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro.
The rear panel also holds a square camera module housing four cameras. You will also find an LED flash and the Poco branding, which sends out info that its a Poco phone.
Upfront we have got the same 6.67 inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400, a density of 395 PPI, and a 60Hz refresh rate, which is way less than the 120Hz refresh rate on the Xiaomi Redmi K30.
Build properties on here comprises of Gorilla Glass 5 on the rear, Gorilla glass 5 upfront, and plastic on the frame
Xiaomi basically did a copy and paste system for the cameras on the Poco M2 Pro. It bears the same camera features as the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro. Its the same number of cameras, the same sensors, and the same pixel sizes.
On the rear, we have got a 48MP primary camera with a Samsung GW2 sensor and an aperture of f/1.8. We also have an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2, a 2MP Macro camera with an aperture of f/2.2, and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.2.
with this camera setup, you can shoot 4k videos @ 30fps, 1080p videos up to 120fps and 720p videos up to 960fps for slo-mo videos. You also get HDR and Panorama mode for photography.
Selfies are manned by a single 16MP front-facing camera with an aperture of f/2.5. This camera is capable of shooting 1080p videos up to 120fps. It also offers HDR and Panorama mode for taking photos.
Hardware and Software
On the performance side, you have got the same upper-midrange setup as the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro. Championing this setup is an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G processor and an Adreno 618 graphics processing unit.
Other features facilitating performance include options for either 4GB or 6GB of RAM, 64GB / 128GB of internal storage, a non-removable 5000mAh battery. You also get a 33W fast charge which is faster than the 18W charger on the Redmi Note 9 Pro
On the software side, you have got MIUI 11 running on the Android 10 operating system.
The Xiaomi Poco M2 Pro features a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C port, dual-band Wifi Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity.
Internet connectivity on the Xiaomi Poco M2 Pro is capped at 4G LTE, this means you don’t have the luxury of 5G internet speed. Download and uploads are limited to 4G speed.
Xiaomi Poco M2 Pro Price and Availability
The price of the Xiaomi Poco M2 Pro starts around $186, which translates to 71,832 Naira in Nigeria, 20,055 KSH in Kenya, and 1,079 GHC in Ghana.
The Xiaomi Poco M2 Pro was announced on July 7th, 2020, and is expected to be on sale from July 14th, 2020.
Poco M2 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Poco M2 Pro:
- Platform: Android 10, MIUI 11
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm SM7125 Snapdragon 720G (2×2.3 GHz Kryo 465 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 465 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- Memory: 4GB / 6GB
- Colours: Out Of The Blue, Green, and Greener, Two Shades of Black
- Dimension: 165.8 x 76.7 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 209 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.67-inch, IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 x 2400 pixels (395 PPI)
- Screen Protection: Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2 + 5MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 16MP Camera, f/2.5
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 Reversible Connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5000mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 33W Capacity