The Vivo iQOO 5 5G is a follow up of the previously released Vivo iQOO 3 5G. It retains the same Snapdragon 865 processor. However, it offers a slightly bigger display with a 120Hz refresh, a slightly improved camera system, a slightly bigger battery, and lots more. In summary, it fixes the little shortcomings that prevented the Vivo iQOO 3 5G from ranking high amongst its peers.
Vivo iQOO 5 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.56-inch Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2376 Pixels, 120Hz Refresh Rate, 398 PPI
- Android 10, IQOO UI 1.5
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Processor
- 50MP + 13MP + 13MP Triple Rear Camera
- 16MP Front Camera
- 8GBGB RAM / 12GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
- Fingerprint Scanner (Under Display)
- Fast Charging (55W Capacity)
- 4500mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Vivo iQOO 5 5G makes some refinement to the design we saw on its predecessor the iQOO 3 5G while retaining the same form factor. Highlights of this design is the new camera module design and the shift in the position of the camera cut out on the display.
The build properties of its chassis comprise of gorilla glass on the rear, gorilla glass upfront and aluminum on the frame. This setup sums up the standard we now have on high-end smartphones in the flagship space.
On the front panel of the Vivo iQOO 5 5G, we have a 6.56-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2376, a density of 398 PPI and a 120Hz refresh rate, which is twice the 60Hz refresh rate on the Vivo iQOO 3 5G.
Flipping to the rear, we discover a camera module which arranges a set of triple cameras in a vertical array. We also find an LED flash and iQOO branding, which indicates the OEM.
Speaking on color variants, enthusiasts have options with this Android smartphone. You can either get it in Blue or grey. This dual option for color variants may become a dilemma for enthusiasts who do not fancy either of the colors.
The rear camera setup on the Vivo iQOO 5 5G loses the telephoto camera we saw on the iQOO 3, which dips down the rear cameras to three.
The cameras on the rear include a 50MP primary camera with an f/1.9, a 13MP portrait camera with an aperture f/2.5, a 13MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 120˚ field of view.
This rear camera setup is capable of shoot videos capped at 8K. Other video record modes include 4K @ 30fps, 1080p @ 30fps. You also get HDR and Panorama mode for photos.
Selfies are maned by the same 16MP camera we had on the Vivo iQOO 3. This camera has an aperture of f/2.5. Video record on this camera is capped at 1080 @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
On the performance side, we have got roughly the same specs sheet. If you are making a list of reasons to upgrade, then you should probably omit performance.
Powering the Vivo iQOO 5 5G is the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor we got on its predecessor. We also have the same Adreno 650 GPU.
For storage, we have both a 128GB variant and a 256GB variant. For RAM, enthusiasts can choose between 8GB and 12GB. Lastly, we have a non-removable 4500 mAh Li-Po battery.
On the software side, we have the IQOO UI 1.5 user interface running on top of the Android 10 operating system.
The Vivo iQOO 5 5G features a USB Type C (USB 2.0). Other connectivity options include dual-band Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth 5.1.
Internet connectivity here is maxed at 5G. This means you will be able to download files and stream videos at songs with 5G speeds, as long as you are in an area with 5G reception.
Vivo iQOO 5 5G Price and Availability
The price of the Vivo iQOO 5 5G is around $578, Which translates to 223,409 Naira in Nigeria, 62,436 KSH in Kenya, and 3,343 GHC in Ghana.
The Vivo iQOO 5 5G was announced on August 17th, 2020, and is expected to go on sale from August 24th, 2020.
Vivo iQOO 5 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Vivo iQOO 5 5G:
- Platform: Android 10, IQOO UI 1.5
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory: 8GB / 12GB
- Colours: Blue, Gray
- Dimension: 160 x 75.6 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 197 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.56-inch AMOLED Touch Screen, 1080 x 2376, Pixels, 120Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10+
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50MP (wide) f/1.9 + 13MP (Portrait) + 13MP (Ultrawide) 120˚, f/2.2
- Rear Camera Features: –
- Front Camera: Dual-LED flash, HDR, Panorama, 8K, [email protected], [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 1, 3, 28, 38, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 1.0 Reversible Connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Under Display (Optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 4500 mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 55W(100% in 50 min)