The BV9900E is a slightly more subtle / less premium sibling to the Blackview BV9900. In comparison, it bootles up less powerful smartphone hardware in the same tough chassis, that offers protection against tough terrains. As such it bears an IP68 / IP69K rating.
Blackview BV9900E Key Specs & Features
- 5.84-inch FHD+ IPS Touchscreen, 1080 x 2290 Pixels, 432 PPI
- Android 10.0
- 6GB RAM
- MediaTek Helio P90 Processor
- 128GB Built-in Storage
- 48MP + 0.3MP + 16MP + 2MP Rear Cameras
- 16MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Water and Dust Proof (IP68 Certification)
- 4380 mAh Non-Removable Battery
Design and Display
The Blackview BV9900E is no different from the Blackview BV9900. They both share the same design and build. They both share a tough chassis with the same placements.
For starters, we have got the same parameters pertaining to chassis ruggedness we had on the BV9900.
It is equipped with the necessary measures to keep it from damage when submerged 1.5m of water for up to 30 mins, survive a drop from up to 1.5m. What’s more, it is also fully dustproof. All this is compassed in its IP68 / IP69K & MIL-STD-810G rating.
The Blackview BV9900E bears a gorilla glass 5 protection on its 5.84 inch IPS LCD display. This display bears a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 Pixels and a density of 432 PPI.
The BV9900E carries on the camera combo we saw on the BV9900, with an exception brought by the 0.3MP depth camera, which is a 5MP camera on the BV9900.
The other cameras on the rear include a 48MP primary camera, a 16MP ultrawide camera hinged at 120 degrees. There is also a 2MP Macro camera.
The rear setup is capable of shooting 4k videos with frame rates up to 30fps and also 1080p videos with frame rates up to 60fps.
Selfies are manned by a single 16MP single camera with an aperture of f/2.0.
Hardware and Software
On the performance side, the Blackview BV9900E falls in the same category as the BV9900, both smartphones share the MediaTek Helio P90 processor, the same IMG 9xm-hp8 GPU, the same 4300mAh battery.
What sets the BV9900E apart from its slightly more premium sibling, is its RAM and storage combo. Here we have 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage and opposed to 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage on the BV9900.
On the software side, it runs its user interface ontop of the Android 10 operating system.
The Blackview BV9900E features a USB Type C port. Other connectivity options include dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, and NFC.
Internet connectivity on the Blackview BV9900E is capped at 4G LTE. This means that enthusiasts won’t be getting the luxury of 5G internet connectivity.
Blackview BV9900E Price and Availability
Blackview BV9900E price starts at around $399.99, which translates to 153,196 Naira in Nigeria, 43,337 KHS in Kenya and 2,312 GHC in Ghana.
The BlackView BV9900E is currently available for purchase and can be purchased from leading online retail stores like Aliexpress.
Blackview BV9900E Specs
Here are a few specs of the Blackview BV9900E:
- Platform: Android 10
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek Helio P90 (Two ARM Cortex-A75 cores operating at 2.2 GHz, Six ARM Cortex-A55 cores operating at 2.0 GHz)
- GPU: IMG 9xm-hp8 (970MHZ)
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Silver
- Dimension: 156.5 x 78.3 x 14.2 mm
- Weight: 273g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM / microSD
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM Support
- Display: 5.84 inch FHD+ IPS Display, 1080 x 2280 Pixels, 432 PPI
- Screen Protection: Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP (wide) + 0.3MP (Depth) +16 MP (Ultrawide) 120 degrees + 2MP (Macro)
- Rear Camera Features: Dual LED flash, Autofocus, Continuous shooting, Digital zoom, Geotagging, Panorama, HDR, 4k 30fps, 1080p videos @ 60fps
- Front Camera: 16MP, f/2.0
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: B2(1900)/B3(1800)/B5(850)/B8(900)
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/6/8/19
- 3G CDMA EVDO: BC0/BC1/BC10
- 4G LTE: B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/18/19/20/25/26
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 802.11 n 5GHz, Dual-Band, Wi-Fi HotSpot, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth: BT 5.0
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Type-C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: GPS + GLONASS + Beidou + Galileo
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: Yes
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: –
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4380 mAh Non-Removable Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes