The Vivo Y20i is the more affordable version of Vivo Y20 and the device maintains the same body design and features. The slight difference is the 3GB RAM instead of the 4GB RAM on the later. In fact, in some countries like Nigeria the Y20i is sold as the 3GB RAM version of the Y20.
Apart from that, it still packs the same Fullview Display size of 6.51 inches and it runs on the Android 10 operating system.
Vivo Y20i Key Specs & Features
- 6.51 inch IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi)
- Android 10, Funtouch 10.5
- Octa-core Qualcomm SM4250 Snapdragon 460 (11 nm)
- 3GB RAM
- 64GB Built-in Storage up to 256GB Memory Card
- 13 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 8 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (side-mounted)
- 4G LTE Network
- 18W Fast Charging Capacity
- 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
On the body, you will find it difficult to differentiate both phones. Yes, they look alike, and just like the standard version, the Vivo Y20i is available in 2.5D dazzling colors.
The color options include a Dawn White which looks like an outpouring light, ready to brighten your world every day. The smartphone is well polish and it features a premium plastic on the rear and a glass on the front.
It measures 164.4 x 76.3 x 8.4 mm and weighs the same 192.3 g. There is also a side-mounted fingerprint scanner that promises to unlock the device in just 0.22s. The design adapts to your daily phone use; making the unlocking quick and intuitive.
There is also a Face Wake technology that provides you an option to unlock your phone as well. On the front, the Vivo Y20i features a 6.51-inch Halo iView LCD display with an HD+ resolution of 1600 x 720 pixels.
As for the camera, the phone adopts a triple camera setup at the rear made up of a 13MP main + 2MP depth + 2MP macro lens.
The selfies camera is 8 MP and it has some added features like Face Beauty, Portrait Light Effects, and Selfie Filters. While the primary camera features an f/2.2 large aperture and PDAF technology.
Hardware and Software
The Vivo Y20i is powered by a Snapdragon 460 chipset. The SOC has an octa-core architecture built on an 11nm FinFet process technology. Its also paired with Adreno 610 GPU and inbuilt storage of 3GB and 64GB RAM. The memory is expandable up to 256GB via microSD.
The smartphone runs on Android 10 OS that comes with Vivo exclusive Multi-Turbo 3.0 including a Center Turbo that works at the system’s base level, and an AI Turbo that predicts and resolves system abnormalities mostly caused by third-party apps.
The Funtouch 10.5 user interface is preloaded with some cool features like Ultra Game Mode that brings in Game Vibration 2.0 and also pop-up window optimization. It removes distracting alerts and incoming calls, to help you concentrate on the game.
Battery and Network
The battery is still the large 5000 mAh and has support for 18W FlashCharge technology that promises up to 16 hours of online HD movie streaming and 11 hours of gaming when fully charged.
The handset has a dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, and GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou. For entertainment, it packs a 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, and then micro USB for charging.
Vivo Y20i Price and Availability
Vivo Y20i price in Nigeria starts at around 65,900 Naira. It sells as the 3GB RAM model of the Vivo Y20 in Nigeria. Vivo Y20i will sell at a price of $154 which converts to 62,000 Naira in Nigeria. Meanwhile, in Ghana, you can buy the phone at a price of 900 GHs and 17,000 KSh in Kenya.
It will ship in Dawn White and Nebula Blue colors. It’s now available for purchase via Vivo India E-store, and other major e-commerce websites at a price of Rs. 11,490.
Vivo Y20i Specs
Here are a few specs of the Vivo Y20i:
- Platform: Android 10, Funtouch 10.5
- Processor: Qualcomm SM4250 Snapdragon 460 (11 nm), Octa-core (1.8 GHz quad-core Kryo 240 & 1.6 GHz quad-core Kryo 240)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Colours: Obsidian Black, Dawn White
- Dimension: 164.4 x 76.3 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 192.3 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.51 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13 MP + 2 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth) Triple Cameras, [email protected]
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR
- Front Camera: 8 MP, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 5000 mAh Li-Po non-removable Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Fast Charging Capacity