The Tecno Spark 6 comes in as a successor to the Tecno Spark 5, which was announced earlier this year. As a successor, the Tecno Spark 6 offers a chassis re-design, a bigger display, a more powerful processor. In summary it offers enthusiats a package that makes up for some of the shortcomings of the previous model.
Where to Buy Tecno Spark 6
Tecno Spark 6 Key Specs & Features
- 6.8-inch IPS LCD, 720 x 1640 pixels (266 PPI)
- Android 10; HIOS 7.0
- 3GB / 4GB RAM
- MediaTek Helio G70 (12 nm)
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage, With SD-Card Support
- 16MP + 2MP + 2MP + QVGA Quad Rear Camera
- 8MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear)
- 5000mAh Non-Removable Li-ion Battery
Design and Display
The Tecno Spark 6 takes on a chassis re-design, which in my opinion gives it a more modern look. However, it doesn’t stray far from the build and form factor we have become accustomed to seeing on smartphones from this series.
The rear panel features a plastic covering on which you will find a circular camera module, that resembles what we saw on the Infinix Note 7.
The rear panel also bears an optical fingerprint sensor, the Spark and Tecno branding, which indicates its a Tecno smartphone.
Upfront, we have got pretty much the same setup for last year with a bigger display. This setup comprises of a 6.8 – inch IPS LCD display with a hole punch display. This display has a resolution of 720 x 1640 and a density of 266 PPI.
The Tecno Spark 6 comes in in four color variants, which include Ocean Blue, Comet Black, Dynamic Orabge, Misty Violet.
The cameras on the Spark 6 show a slight upgrade over last year’s model. This upgrade is most evident in the primary camera on the rear as it made a shift from being 13MP on the previous model to being 16MP.
The other members of the rear camera setup include a 2MP Macro camera, a 2MP depth camera and a QVGA camera. This camera is supported by LED flash for bright images.
The selfie camera on here is an 8MP camera which is supported by an LED flash. For facilitated by brighter selfies.
Hardware and Software
The Tecno Spark 6 takes the series a leap forward by featuring the Helio G70 processor which is a way higher than what we have gotten on other smartphones released in the series in past years.
The other performance facilitators on here include the Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU, 3GB / 4GB RAM and 64GB / 128GB of internal storage. There is also a non-removable 4000mAh battery.
On the software side, we have the HiOS 7.0 user interface ontop of the Android 10 operating system.
The Tecno Spark 6 features a 3.5mm jack and micro-USB port. It also features Wifi and Bluetooth.
Internet connectivity on the Tecno Spark 6 is capped at 4G LTE, due to the absence of 5G support.
Tecno Spark 6 Price and Availability
The price of the Tecno spark 6 wasn’t known as at the time this article was written. However, it is expected to go on sale later in October 2020.
Tecno Spark 6 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Tecno Spark 6:
- Platform: Android 10, HIOS 7.0
- Processor: Mediatek Helio G70 (12 nm)
- GPU: Mali-G52 2EEMC2
- Memory: 3GB / 4GB
- Colours: Ocean Blue, Comet Black, Dynamic Orabge, Misty Violet
- Dimension: 170.8 x 77.3 x 9.2 mm
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: –
- Display: 6.8-inch IPS LCD, 720 x 1640 Pixels, 83.2% screen-to-body ratio 263 PPI
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 16MP (Primary) PDAF + 2MP (Macro) + 2MP (Depth) + QVGA
- Rear Camera Features: Quad-LED flash, Panorama, HDR, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 8MP Dual-LED flash, HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: –
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Micro-USB
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: GPS
- Maps: Yes (Google Maps)
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Rear Mounted
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes (Google Assistant)
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –