The Realme Q2 Pro is the advanced version of the Realme Q2 smartphone and the Realme Q2i. The device although maintained the same chipset with Realme Q2 has been upgraded with a more fast charging and impressive cameras setup.
It also has a 5G network and other features that we will come to know as we go further.
Realme Q2 Pro Key Specs & Features
- 6.4 inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~411 ppi)
- Android 10, Realme UI
- Octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 800U 5G (7 nm)
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB, 256GB Built-in Storage
- 48 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 16 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (under display, optical)
- Fast Charging 65W
- Non-Removable Li-Po 4300 mAh Battery
Design and Display
The company proudly described this device as a sleek smartphone. We are not disputing that as the handset made it with an industrial design level. There is no cookie-cutter appearance here, instead, Realme used the world-famous Vegan Leather material for the appearance of the device. This creates a nice and soft touch.
The logo has been upgraded as well. Just as you can see, it’s widely and boldly displays on the panel. The handset measures 8.1mm in thickness and weighs just 175g.
The Realme Q2 Pro has a display size of a 6.4-inch AMOLED panel that features a punch-hole design. The screen offers a Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, a 20:9 ratio, and a 180Hz touch sampling rate.
There is also a fingerprint reader integrated on the display. It has a screen space of 90.8 percent and protected by a Gorilla Glass.
We have got a quad-camera system on the back of the phone. The main snapper is 48 MP with f/1.8 aperture, an 8 MP ultrawide camera that has 119-degree with f/2.3 aperture, a 2 MP black and white portrait lens, and lastly is 2 MP macro lens with 4cm focal length.
The phone cameras are loaded with great features for multi-function purposes. It can shoot 4K videos and also has a dual-LED flash for dim light location photography.
The selfies camera is 16 MP and it has support for beautification, portrait blurring for better shots.
Hardware and Software
The Realme Q2 Pro has the same Dimensity 800U by Mediatek available on its siblings. The chip is equipped with an octa-core CPU paired with two ARM Cortex-A76 cores clocked at 2.4GHz.
The GPU packs a powerful ARM Mali G57 to deliver ultra-high-performance for smooth entertainment. It has 8 GB of LPDDR4x RAM and 128 GB while the bigger model has up to 256GB inbuilt storage. It’s powered by Realme UI 2.0 based Android 10 OS.
Battery and Network
The Realme Q2 Pro comes with a smaller battery of 4,300mAh but with a 65W SuperDart fast charging technology. It features a 5G for fast browsing and downloads.
Other features on the device are Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB-C, Hi-Res audio support, and 1216 super linear speaker. Sadly there is no 3.5mm audio jack and a microSD card on the phone.
Realme Q2 Pro Price and Availability
The Realme Q2 Pro will sell at a price of $323 which will depend on the storage model you choose to buy.
In Nigeria, the phone will cost 125,000 Naira, around 37,000 Ksh in Kenya, and 1,900 Ghs in Ghana.
Realme Q2 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Realme Q2 Pro:
- Platform: Android 10, Realme UI
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 800U 5G (7 nm), Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC3
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Rainbow, White
- Dimension: 160.9 x 74.4 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 175 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.4 inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~411 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth) Quad Cameras, [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 16 MP Camera, HDR, panorama, [email protected]/120fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes, CDMA 800
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: Yes, 1, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: Yes
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Li-Po 4300 mAh, non-removable Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Fast Charging 65W