The Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power comes in as a provision for enthusiasts who desire an Android smartphone more powerful than the standard Redmi 9, with a price tag that doesn’t go overboard. In comparison, we the standard Redmi 9, we have a more capable camera, a bigger battery and lots more. The information provided in this article is geared towards helping you make your purchase decision.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power
Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power Key Specs and Features
- 6.53-inch IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2340 Pixels (395 PPI)
- Android 10.0; MIUI 12
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 (12 nm)
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage, with Micro-SD Support
- 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Camera
- 8MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear-Mounted)
- Fast Charging (18W Capacity)
- Reverse Wired Charging (2.5W Capacity)
- 6000mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Power’s hardware comes wrapped in a chassis that bears a design that shows disparity with what we were served on the standard Redmi 9. It is a more appreciable design, in my opinion, bearing a more modern look.
On the rear, we have got a square camera module holding four cameras and a LED flash in a vertical position. There is also a Redmi branding, which sort of indicates its Xiaomi smartphone.
Please note that enthusiats who decide to purchase the Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power will have four color options, which include Mighty Black, Fiery Red, Electric green, and blazing blue.
Moving up front, we have pretty much the same setup as seen on the Redmi 9. Here you will find a 6.53-inch IPS LCD display bearing a drop notch. This display bears a resolution of 1080 x 2340 and a density of 295 PPi.
As mentioned in the introductory paragraph, the camera system on the Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power is more capable than what we have on the standard Redmi 9. The upgrades are evident in the rear camera setup.
On the rear, we have the same setup as seen on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9. Its a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 120˚ field of view.
The other members of the rear camera department include a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4.
Upfront, we have got an 8MP camera for selfies. This camera has an aperture of f/2.0.
Hardware and Software
Moving on to the performance facilitators, the Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power packs in a combo that with a very high potential on performing better than the standard Redmi 9.
In here we have a Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 processor, an Adreno 610 GPU, 4GB RAM, 64GB, or 128GB of internal storage.
Giving life to this mobile phone, is a massive non-removable 6000mAh battery, as opposed to the 5020mAh battery on the standard Redmi 9. Enthusiasts will also get an 18W fast charge mechanism.
On the software side, we have got the MIUI 12 interface running on the Android 10 operating system.
The Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power features a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C port, dual-band Wifi Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity.
Internet connectivity on the Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power is capped at 4G LTE, this means you won’t have the luxury of 5G internet speed. Download and uploads are limited to 4G speed.
Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power Price and Availability
The price of the Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power starts around $148, which translates to around 56,240 Naira in Nigeria, 870 GHC in Ghana and 16,487 KHS in Kenya.
The Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power was announced on December 17 2020 and is expected to be available for purchase as from December 22, 2020.
Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power:
- Platform: Android 10, MIUI 12
- Processor: Qualcomm SM6115 Snapdragon 662 (12nm) (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Mighty Black, Fiery Red, Electric Green, Blazing Blue
- Dimension: 162.3 x 77.3 x 9.6 mm
- Weight: 198 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.53-inch IPS LCD 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 Ratio, 83.4% screen-to-body Ratio, 395 PPI,
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) F/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) F/2.2, 120˚ + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) F/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama
- Front Camera: 8MP (Wide) F/2.0 Camera
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 3, 5, 8, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Google Assistant
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 6000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Capacity