The Doogee S86 Pro is a more premium sibling to the standard Doogee S86. It packs in more RAM and an Infrared thermometer, which are pretty much the more premium features you get with this device, the other specs are pretty much the same and they are wrapped in the same tough chassis.
Where to Buy Doogee S86 Pro
Doogee S86 Pro Key Specs & Features
- 6.1-inch LCD Display, 720 x 1560 Pixels (282 PPI)
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio P60
- 8GB RAM
- Android 10 (Stock Android UI)
- 128GB Built-in Storage, SD-Card Support
- 16MP + 8MP + 2MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 8MP Front Camera
- Infrared Thermometer
- 24W Fast Charging
- Non-Removable 8,500 mAh Battery
Design and Display
As mentioned in the introductory paragraph, as far as design goes, the Doogee S86 pro is identical to the regular Doogee S86, they both share the same sophisticated design.
On the chassis of this smartphone, is a design that’s far away from being regular. Enthusiasts who are conversant with this design theme would be able to easily tell it’s a rugged smartphone built for tough terrains.
Speaking on the provisions for tough terrains, we have IP68 and IP69 rating for water and dust rating. We have reinforced edges that help reduce the shock impact that arises from drops. It also helps reduce the impact on the display.
The display on Doogee S86 pro is the same as the one we have on its less premium sibling. It’s a 6.1 inch LCD with a drop notch. This display has a resolution of 720 X 1560 and a density of 282 PPI.
Enthusiasts that plan on purchasing this device, will have three colour options which comprise fire orange, flame red, and mineral black.
The cameras on the Doogee S86 pro are also no different from what we have on its less premium sibling.
We have a triple camera system on the rear made up of a 16MP primary camera with an aperture of f/2.0, a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.2, and an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 130-degree field of view.
Upfront, we have a single 8MP camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 90-degree field of view.
Hardware and Software
The performance makeup of the Doogee S86 Pro is basically the same as that of the regular S86, except for the fact that it features a higher 8GB as opposed to 6GB RAM on its less premium sibling.
The other performance facilitators include a MediaTek Helio P60 processor, an ARM Mali-G72, and a non-removable 8500mAh battery, paired with a 24W fast charge.
On the software side, we have got a stock android interface running on the Android 10 operating system.
The Doogee S86 Pro features a USB Type-c port, a 3.5mm headphone jack, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC support, and WiFi.
Internet connectivity on this device is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t be able to utilize 5G connectivity.
Doogee S86 Pro Price and Availability
The price of the Doogee S86 Pro is around $230, which translates to about 94,760 Naira in Nigeria, 24,794 KSH in Kenya, and 1,344 GHC in Ghana.
The Doogee S86 Pro is expected to go on sale from June 15th, 2021. Enthusiasts that hit the purchase button before the side release date will have it at a discounted price of $169.99
Doogee S86 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Dooge S86 Pro:
- Platform: Stock Android 10.0
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek Helio P60 (4xCortex-A53 up to 2.0GHz 4xCortex-A73 up to 2.0GHz)
- GPU: ARM Mali-G72 Up to 800MHz
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Fire Orange, Flame Red, Mineral Black
- Dimension: 164.6 mm x 81.2 mm x 16.8 mm
- Weight: 323g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.1-inch LCD, 720 x 1560 Pixels, 16.7 Million Colors, 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio, 282 PPI
- Screen Protection: Gorilla Glass
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 16MP (Primary) f/2.0 + 8MP (Wide-Angle) f/2.2, 130° FOV, Samsung® S5K4H5 sensor chip + 2MP (Macro) f/2.2
- Rear Camera Features: Quad-LED Flash
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera, f/2.2, 90° FOV
- Built-in Storage: 128GB (UFS 2.1)
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: B2/3/5/8
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/8
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/19/20/25/26/28A/28B/66
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: 2.4G（802.11a/b/g/n)/5G
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes (Version 5.0)
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Type-C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: GPS, Galileo, Beidou
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes (Googe Pay)
- Water Resistant: Yes (IP68)
- Dust Resistant: Yes (IP69k)
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 8500mAh Battery
- Talktime: 39 Hours
- Standby Time: 27 Days
- Fast Charging: 24W Capacity